Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Chrome cast work for netflix?

check this out Panda

http://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/gadgets/portable-video/chromecast-2013-1171126/review

Edit: its an old review, but still gives you the idea, there must be more apps by now (one of the negatives)

Edited by bloodycrashboy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Isn't Chrome cast 2 out? Better wifi I believe as the first gen sucked... I'll go a NAS based (Synology) streaming system if I ever decide to run ethernet cable through the house, which I probably won't so I'll stick with my HTPC in the HT room and my Open Hour Chameleon in the bedroom running Android OS with SPMC (Kodi or xbmc for the originals) media player.

I swear by Kodi for ease of use and gets most movies and tv shows right when updating off its database.

I'll add that quality dedicated media/bluray players look and sound better but for playback ability of absolutely any format a pc based system reigns supreme with something like Shark007 codec installed!

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Isn't Chrome cast 2 out? Better wifi I believe as the first gen sucked... I'll go a NAS based (Synology) streaming system if I ever decide to run ethernet cable through the house, which I probably won't so I'll stick with my HTPC in the HT room and my Open Hour Chameleon in the bedroom running Android OS with SPMC (Kodi or xbmc for the originals) media player.

I swear by Kodi for ease of use and gets most movies and tv shows right when updating off its database.

I'll add that quality dedicated media/bluray players look and sound better but for playback ability of absolutely any format a pc based system reigns supreme with something like Shark007 codec installed!

Yes, chromecast 2 is out, its $70 to $80 if you can find one.

still cant beat $38

• Member For: 11y 10m 4d

Yeah I run a Synology NAS on our network and for each TV use a raspberrypi with OSMC/Kodi as the media player. Works awesome after setting up all the shows with correct info and metadata etc and also being able to use my android phone as the remote control

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d

It's a dryer as well

$3200 retail + $350 extended warranty

But I know a guy ;)

Got it shat loads cheaper than any net price so I was stoked

Bahahah

Edited by Princess Whinginator

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 3d

That ring looks almost the same as mine Wilko. Mines platinum and white gold. Good luck and all the best in marriage mate.

I just bought a bunch of Makita skins and I still have $200 in Bunnings and SCA vouchers from Xmas.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

I got a tungsten ring, salesperson tells me it's tough as nails won't scratch or wear out blah blah blah

I was just thinking tungsten is very brittle, see how we go

I just liked the way it looked