Server Downtime

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 11d

Hi Guys,

I apologise for the delay in responding has been a long day and night.

Just a brief as to what has happened.

For a few weeks now it had been spoken about from myself to the server company that I wanted to upgrade the memory to 16GB and install a HTTP accelerator on the site to increase page load times.

Upon speaking to them yesterday morning it appeared it would be very quick process of shutting the server down and then installing the memory and turning it back on again. I instructed them to go ahead with it at about 11am.

Well....

About 11:30am I get a phone call from them saying the server has not come back up. It had died. I told them to do what they could and a team of engineers were assigned to get it all working.

By about 2pm.. I get another phone call. Server is still down and no idea as to the window to fix it and get it working. They were not sure what had died in the server and made the call on building a brand new server and reinstalling EVERYTHING from scratch. Restoring the site data from a backup from the previous evening at about 1:30am. It is now 3:30pm and they are still installing things but thankfully got the server back up last night.

Though it is still not 100%.

Please expect over the next 24 hours for possibly a reboot and some downtime.

For the times that the site is down, or has problems. Instead of emailing please check out the Facebook Page below.

http://www.facebook....187207881292153

We updated this on a regular basis as soon as something happens to the site.

If the site is not working nearly 100% of the time we know this. The moderators, and aftermarket addons we have installed alert us via email and text message to say the site is down.

Unfortunately it is not always easy to put a post directly onto this site when we are having issues, so checking out the facebook page should help.

Once again apologies for the issues. But we are working on these as we speak. You should find over the next few days the site speed to increase dramatically.. which is exactly what we wanted.

Chris Freeman (CJF077)

Update: 4:04PM - Have been told it was not a server hardware issue but a software configuration issue that failed. It basically corrupted the data across the RAID configuration (our data is mirrored to two drives in case one dies). However what had happened is that the data across the two drives became corrupted. Site Search and other features not functioning are being worked on as we speak.

Edited by CJF077
Update
  • Like 1

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

To add to this. I would like to sign up for the following service if we can.

https://www.pingdom.com/signup/basic

Any offers of donations towards this software is appreciated.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

Hi All. I have just re-enabled the HTTP Accelerator.

If you are experiencing any issues when you cannot logon to the site please post this to our facebook group for me to investigate.

The link is - http://www.facebook.com/pages/FordXR6Turbocom-The-Original-XR6-Turbo-Community/187207881292153