Mondie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 2m 19d

Free is an interesting concept on a new car!

Its all in the way you approach the dealer.

I, for example, tell the dealer what I want they add it up and then I bargain on price.

This way nothing is "free", but since I got a few thousand off the price I guess it could be considered that I got a whole stack of stuff "Free".

If I had asked for the extra warrenty in my deal for "free" then their best price would have been more then the best price without it.

Its all about perception...

Anyway that's off topic -

The price I have been quoted to purchase it seperatly after buying the car is $890.

If you buy it with the car you have to pay stamp duty on it.

Also if you buy it seperatly you can claim it as a tax deduction in the first year rather then depreciating it along with the car over the next 5-6 years...

Also since you have 3 years until you have to pay for it the money is better off in my bank account for 3 years rather then Fords.

Also I figure that if I plan to go down the modification path (and I dont plan to at this stage, tbut the lure of extra power may be too great in a couple of years) there is probably not a lot of point paying for an ext warrenty just for Ford to decline any claim due to the Mods.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

There have been a couple of threads on this in the past that you may find useful;

Extended New Car Warranty For The Xr6t

Extended Warrenty, copy of full terms and conditions

l think this is well worth condidering for the price, and if you plan on keeping the car beyond 3 years its cheap insurance. Especially when we are talking about a turbocharged car!

• Member For: 20y 11m 17d

Cheers folks

Will definitely be considering extending the warranty.

cheers

Zman ;)

Is it 30th June yet...............Time has definitely stopped in the West

Dont forget you have to have your T serviced at that dealer for the extended warrinty to be valid.And rember all they do is scrape off the old sticker and replace it with a newie,and oh sorry,they also spray your tyres with some sh!t so your mags go black from brake dust. (premium)

• 2 years later...
What does the ford extended warranty cover. How much does it cost for a 3 year 100,000 klms cover and is the roadside breakdown included it this cover. Do you think it is worth having?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they dont throw it in for free tell em to p!ssoff...

vik...it was part of the deal with my mobb,you just have to let them do all servicing

• Member For: 18y 4m 22d

I have an extended warranty on mine, I just bought it a month ago... its a 3 year-160k warranty, designed to be a direct replica of the new car warranty apparently. I havent made a warranty claim for some time, but I reckon it'll pay itself off for $950.00.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d

3yr / 100,000km should be standard from Ford.

The extended one I went for on my BF F6 was for 6yr / 175,000km. It's from Ford too, and is simply an extension of the factory warranty. Some won't consider it worth it of course, but it's like insurance - bloody nice to have when you need it.