Extended New Car Warranty For The Xr6t

Mondie

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 25d

Yeah I will be looking at extending mine. I am assuming it is different prices for different dealers? I have been quoted 1200 for 3 years 100000km... sounds pretty good to me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 11m 17d
Yeah I will be looking at extending mine. I am assuming it is different prices for different dealers? I have been quoted 1200 for 3 years 100000km... sounds pretty good to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep I have the 3 year 100 000k extended new car warranty...made them throw it for free..!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 9m 22d

Hi All

Well my T runs out of warranty January the 7th 2006 and have been looking into the extended warranty from Ford. Will cost me $1265 for 2 years or up to 120000km.

I could spend the money on more power but peace of mind comes into my head first and besides the wife drives it more then me to take the kids to school, shopping etc...(we all know that a standard T goes quick)

I will at least know that for the next 2 years it will be covered. Has anyone bought this from Ford and is it money will spent???

Having said all that my T has just over 71,000km's and the only warranty work it has had was

5th gear syncro, New coil, Drivers side lumber support knob broke and new rear bush.

More power (no warranty). Same power (warranty). :stirthepot:

Cheers

Cowie

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 29d

Ford try to get out of repairs under normal warranty, what makes you feel any safer with an extended warranty...

Go the EDIT.make the car drive like it was meant too.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 4d

I like extend warranties, but have rarely used them.

I have a 2 year extended warranty on my current T, but I have found out I can cancel it and get my money back.

I will be using the $ to extend the warranty on the new F6 for the period of the lease (5 years), as I am hard on cars and if they break the $1200 would seem like a bargain if you do a gearbox or motor.

• Member For: 19y 5m 20d

I'll be in a similar situation soon. I don't really trust Ford warranties, but if a big ticket component fails, it would be nice to know its covered.

On the other hand being out of warranty will feel to me like a leash has been cut and I don't have to argue and convice someone that something needs looking at. It sounds dumb, but I feel that going somewhere other than a Ford dealer and just paying someone for quality work would be easier.

Finally ring around and get quotes from as many Ford dealers as possible on your extended (factory) warranty. Ultimately, you're buying insurance and there is significant margin in it for the selling dealer.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 23d

When I bought my T I got a 6 year, 175,000km warranty. It didn't cost any extra. All I have to do is get my T serviced at the dealer I purchased it from. I wouldn't take it anywhere else anyway.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 23d

Mines basically the same tab except they will only cover up to $2000 in any one claim.