• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Hi Cam,

Thanks for posting that info, its great to know that we dont have to apply for the extension until just before our new car warranty applies, or we have travelled 90000km.

Loved the graph on staying out of the red zone, geez who thinks of this crap?

Are these figures confirmed?

I'll probably look at selling the XR6 T after my 3 year lease expires so resale is obviously very important - might have a close look at extending for another 3 years/60k. Surely will add $1000 in value when time comes to sell - great piece of mind for future buyers.

Maybe I should just worry about actually getting the bloody thing!

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members

Yeah, 3 years extra cover for only a grand does sound almost too good to be true. By then the car will be coming upto 6 years old and the chances of having to use the warranty would be pretty high.

The service charges to keep to the book would be getting quite high by this age too, but l guess you dont have to have Ford do the servicing. Maybe that condition changes after the 3 year new car warranty, maybe in the fine print once you go onto the extended warranty the car MUST be serviced by Ford?

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 11m 17d

Just got off the phone with Ford and they have confirmed that my "T" was in production (started tuesday) and it hads me thinking about warranty. Given this car is my 40th birthday present (2 years early) I might have to keep him/her for a few years (or my wife will kill me)and probably beyond the normal 3 year 100,000k's warranty. I know Ford offer an extended warranty 3 year 60,000k's warranty and want to know what the going price was...? have had different prices...has anyone opted for this and if so how much did you pay for it...?

And speaking about warranty- other than servicing is there anything else which is not covered by warranty...?

Your inputs greatly appreciated..

cheers

Zman

• XR6T "AUTO" NARROMA BLUE/PREMIUM BRAKES/PREMIUM SOUND/5X18'S/SUN ROOF/SPORTS WHEEL/ALARM/SPATS/

• Member For: 21y 2m 19d

The price will be around the $890 mark.

You dont havre to buy the extended warrenty before purchsae - anytime before the orriginal warranty runs out is fine.

I plan to buy the ext. warrenty towards the end of the standard period.