Turbo Conversion On A 05 Fairlaine Ghia 97% Complete

FairlaneG

• Member For: 11y 10m

G'Day ,

I have done a conversion on my 05 BA Fairlane Ghia. I have converted it with all factory bolt ons IE: Intake/Exhaust,Turbo,Dump pipe,Intercooler/piping All donated from a lil sister "BA XR6T"

All has gone smooth thus far only costing me $950 & 2 weeks after work. I have opted to go manual on the boost control using a drift boost valve. REASON being the Fairlane never came with the extra switch on drivers side (Headlight) To plug in the loom required for ECU control.Also I have had too use MAP1 sensor to start car as MAP2 is not being to open to talking with the ECU at this stage hence the reason for my post.Question here Gent's Isssss, What steps do I take from here..... Do I need to go to FORD to get them to programme the ECU to Recognize the MAP2 sensor or should I just get that done when I go for a custom tune or....... Can Any one please shed some light on this subject as I'm near completion & its going to be another Expensive Daewoo eater out to show supremacy on the street's!

Ohh I nearly forgot to mension in relation to the MAP1 & 2 sensors,the car never started with the MAP2 is this normal? Also I was told to when rewire the MAP2 Switch "As the MAP1 switch is different" To Wire it in reverse so ..... 1234 - 4321 Is this correct also ?

Thanks in advance

Dan

post-52172-0-44914400-1342318868_thumb.j

post-52172-0-89145000-1342319462_thumb.j

post-52172-0-86161800-1342319483_thumb.j

• Like 2

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 28d

I cant answer your questions, but wanted to say good work mate :spoton: for the coin you have done extremely well...

• Like 1

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 1m 5d

Do you have access to the loom & ecu from donor car? Much simpler process if so, plus the added bonus of being able to run closed loop boost settings among an array of other things.

• 1 month later...

I cant answer your questions, but wanted to say good work mate :spoton: for the coin you have done extremely well...

Sorry for the late reply'(s)

Thanks Stained. I am still fine tuning this projest at a cost of now" 1,800- As I just purshased the FF@ from CAPA.

In saying that the tune uploaded to that is IDK "Weird" If I could put it that way because..... It booste's at 9PSI but first gear (5speed AUTO) flattens out at 60klph???

2nd well that kind of changes early & randomly to 3rd then stays in 3rd for a second then straght off to 5th(overdrive) ????

Had to change plugs to get rid of rediculas pingging & retart the timing to -4 0-2000 -2 2000-4000 & -2 4000-8000 on the settings on the flash controller. Also set fuel to 6% richer but still pings a little (Pingging to me is very nerve racking) as we all would feeel... So Im just at the stage of getting opinions to smooth out this stage im at..... IE:- A tune?? Who to Tune??

Or any insight from you bloke's...

Fairly sure the pcms are different and cant load turbo calibration in never tried myself.... Ratter where are you

Ratter where are you !!!?? *grinz

Do you have access to the loom & ecu from donor car? Much simpler process if so, plus the added bonus of being able to run closed loop boost settings among an array of other things.

Erm no I dont but I could if needed "Id hunt one down"

I always liked the idea of doing this. nice work

Thanks Panda , its a nice feeling riding in a turbo/luxury/presige Fairlane with a turbo that's for sure....

Next is to put a 6 speed box in her!! :)

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 28d

No good mate. Hope you get it sorted soon :)

Lol you used the quote button for stanio's post, don't forget for any others so you don't confuse is :s :scratchhead:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Just a question mate u got a generic tune from caps to suit a xr6 turbo ???? If u did will be running way to much timing for the n/a motor you need a custom tune to make it run properly also if you want the motor to live !!! I susgest putting it back to stock until u get the custom tune.

Also what are u using to control boost a bleed valve ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 6m 19d

hey mate just a question with the NA block that you started with, did u need to drill and tap thread for the oil and cooler lines and the turbo return line to the sump? or does the NA block have them all just blocked off ? thanks mate

• 1 month later...

Just a question mate u got a generic tune from caps to suit a xr6 turbo ???? If u did will be running way to much timing for the n/a motor you need a custom tune to make it run properly also if you want the motor to live !!! I susgest putting it back to stock until u get the custom tune.

Also what are u using to control boost a bleed valve ?

Yes, I did. Mind you I also got it specked with the fact it's a NA/No boost solenoid ect plus I used the unit to -4 degree's as well as drive it like NANA Maskuuri on a sunday. Its been in garage as I lost my license till DEC also.

Yes boost control bleed system by Turbo smart.

Spinr what timing does the STD turbo run with TDC or +4 ????

hey mate just a question with the NA block that you started with, did u need to drill and tap thread for the oil and cooler lines and the turbo return line to the sump? or does the NA block have them all just blocked off ? thanks mate

Jozekin I had to tap out oil return line. I used from memory A 10mm Drill for hole & M8 for bolt threads. For the oil feed in I just went down to AUTOPRO & got me A T piece. Took out oil pressure switch & put T piece in & yer....Put oil pressure switch in the T & the oil feed in line to it. **Got a custom Italian hosed (Hydrollic)custom made.

post-52172-0-75081200-1351221368_thumb.j

Edited by FairlaneG