What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 5m 25d

Put my laptop back together in prep for the carputer, just gotta load the operating system and associated components to the new SSD, fingers crossed I can get all the necessary drivers for windows 7 as I'm upgrading from vista

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Can't really say "I" did it but...engine mounts!

Passenger front view

20140726_111511.jpg

Driver's (nice and burnt from turbo heat)

20140726_114456.jpg

20140726_111610.jpg

Passenger rear view

20140726_124546.jpg

Driver's front view

20140726_124638.jpg

Cheers heaps to Ralph for fitting me in to his crazy schedule.

Car idles and drives smoother now, haven't fully experienced the handling improvements yet as roads are wet but I have noticed a couple of very rapid direction changes when the rear stepped out were faster to correct with the new mounts in. Bonza! Highly recommended.

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 3

• Member For: 15y 9m 7d

Got home early - 3:20am instead of the usual 4:30-5am.

Finished replacing the shackle bushes on the XR6 Turbo ute. Couldn't finish on Thursday because one of the bolt threads was stuffed.

Very, very, very easy job to do, so stuff it, did the same job on the taxi (was going to do it next week). Managed to finish just as the day driver turned up.

Still pondering buying a smashed FPV at auction so that I can grab the Brembo brakes off it. Buy wreck, remove brakes and re-sell wreck. Anyone wanna buy the rest of a very smashed up 2008 GT-P?

Pickles_FPV_GTP_1_30_7_2014.jpg

Pickles_FPV_GTP_2_30_7_2014.jpg

Edited by PhilMeUp

• Member For: 10y 2m 27d

ordered my tyres on monday ,so I got them fitted today .on the way up there I thought what could possibly go wrong getting tyres fitted .when I arrived I said to the sails rep that the key only works in the ignition ,not the car door .we left to look at the shopping centre ,but got a phone cal .they locked the car and are unable to open it .we jumped into there Late model camira station wagon and got the spare key that unlocks the car door (hour and ten min drive all up . I also had to brake into my own home as the keys were inside of the ute . when I got back home with the new tyres fitted to the ute I noticed that they scratched the roof and door ,when they tried to brake into it to open the door .near new paint job .

• Member For: 10y 2m 27d

ouch... that sucks man...

yes ,I tried to polish them out with the buff but they are deep .this ute is cursed just like the movie (christen ) lol I hope not it owes me a lot of money and unable to get rid of it now