What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Member For: 10y 2m

started assembling my aluminium tray ,but most of the nuts and bolts that I ordered are the wrong size or the wrong thread ,or no nuts to suit at all ?I gave them every nut and bolt in a different zip bag and wrote on them the quantity and what type of bolt it would have to be .and still they gave me the wrong length and thickens and thread ,WTF is wrong with people .the tray is still not powdercoated to a reasonable standard ,but I just picked up all the parts and said I will not pay nothing for this . he phoned me later and was going to smash my head in due to me messaging him asking to pay half of a new tray if he can not fix up his f*ck ups . he said to come down to his shed today and we would sort it out .but as always no one was there . he would be the kind of guy that would key your car if I do not pay up

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Fixed my turbo side intake for the .7 cover. Also when is it required to run oil catch cans. Since I built my motor it seems very oily as running quite large ring ends gaps and such for the larger boost levels

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m

its just the high revs that pump a lot of oil up to the heads ,and the oil just can not run down fast enough I thought ? used to race a hyunday exel around lakeside raceway which had the same problems .after each round I had to empty the catch can .

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

Did what Stever did in post # 3889, page 98.

Replaced my boot gas struts with a pair from gas strut guys on ebay. I have a genuine gtp wing so the 8 year old standards were not cutting it with the extra weight.

It is now much easier to lift and once at about 45 degrees it lifts itself as per Stever's vid in the afore mentioned post. Even needs a bit of effort to start closing , so no more bootlid in the neck for me! Asked the wife to open the boot and she noticed it straight away as she is a lightweight and struggled with it in the past.

So to sum up, best cheap 'mod ' ive done this year. Hats off to Stever, thanks for posting it in the first place. Bloody legend.

• Like 2