What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

I got that brand for bonnet and boot too. Initially I thought they were junk because the thread on one of the boot struts got stripped (where the end with then clip threads onto the strut).

Then I realised the kids were lifting the boot up to get school bags out and just letting it fly until the struts grabbed it.

Told them how to do it properly, got the same struts again and they have been great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 4m 15d

Today I got my rear subframe back up into my car after completing ims twin bush diff hat mod. I also replaced the front diff bushes with superpro ones and learnt some useful tricks. 1 if you're gonna do ims diff hat and front bushes, then to ensure you get correct clearance between front bush arms and subframe and assuming clearance is correct from factory,  then before you go ripping the diff out and chopping off the rear single bush bracket you should replace the front bushes with the diff still installed. You'll need to take off front diff arms ofcourse to get stock bushes out and press in new bushes. I ended up pressing in the left bush 11mm past flush and the right one 7mm past flush to get them sitting up against the installed diff arms and get 10mm clearance on each side between arms and subframe. I went slowly pressing them in measuring and checking and test fitting the arms onto the diff until they met up perfectly. Once installed you know they are right and that's where the diff will sit and you can then proceed to rip the diff out chop off stock big single bracket and the bracket on the car that the stock bracket bolted to and put new hat on diff and remount the sucker in the subframe with the ims bracket. Tack weld the bracket with diff installed,  remove diff again and fully weld the bracket to subframe. I made 2 spacers out of 20mm galv pipe to stop the bracket moving when welding it up. It worked out mint for me. I cleaned off subframe while it was on bench with wire brush grinder and painted it with black zinc.

• Like 3

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Fixed up this problem...

PXL_20220820_054211110.jpg

With these ->

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/81090-cool-stuff-you-just-bought/?do=findComment&comment=1714414

The problem was that the aftermarket ICC has a female RCA cable and my 3.5mm audio "aux" cable is male on both ends and the only adapter I had at the time of install was a female 3.5mm audio to female RCA, so I only had a full-length (5m) male-to-male spare RCA cable to put there which caused a shocking "whine" interference in the audio output, so I took it out and purchased the above to repair it.

Much better :) now campaigners can plug their phones etc into my ICC to play music again, woo... also no sign of the audio interference :)  

PXL_20220906_142916041.jpg

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

while I was doing the above, I put a data-share-SIM card in, too :)

PXL_20220906_143015871.jpg

So nice to have mobile data in the car and not have to use my mobile phone hotspot to use the exact same data plan :)

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

that's awesome @k31th!!

How is the GPS holding up? My only annoyance with the kayhan head unit I have is that the GPS can take a long time to find satellites. I.e. it takes a while to find my location. 

Has this been an issue for you at all?
On that topic, where did you mount the GPS antenna? That could play a role with my issue as mine is just under the ICC top hat

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

GPS is perfect. I took their advice of mounting the antenna right at the top of the unit so it's underneath that "triangular" top piece. Even the mobile data antenna is underneath the same top piece and they both work great :idunno:

• Thanks 1