What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 18d

Currently doing a service on old faithful. Went to get the oil, filter, and diff oil the other day. They didn't have a Ryco z516 filter in stock but they had a Cooper brand version. Anyone heard of them? It was cheaper than the Ryco one who I've always used. Just don't wanna put some pos filter onto the car 🤣

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

it's an oil filter lol it doesn't matter which one as long as it correctly fits on the adapter port it screws onto haha

• Member For: 6y 11m 15d
1 hour ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Currently doing a service on old faithful. Went to get the oil, filter, and diff oil the other day. They didn't have a Ryco z516 filter in stock but they had a Cooper brand version. Anyone heard of them? It was cheaper than the Ryco one who I've always used. Just don't wanna put some pos filter onto the car 🤣

Cooper have been around for years, will be fine. I have used Purolator, K&N (black can n white can) Bosch, Aeroflow, Motorcraft FL820S, Luber-Finer (e-core) and some others. I like the K&N Silver (black can) $12 delivered through sparesbox ebay shop. I always open them up as well after OCI and have a look. I'm an oil and oil filter nerd.

• Member For: 6y 11m 15d

The AFL101 was only developed for the barra because they were so hard on the Anti Drain Back Valves, they went to the silicon kind. All the bypass psi and flow rates are essentially the same through that group of filters. I personally just like the higher flow filter media of the K&N but it has the same bypass psi. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Broke the door handle cable in my brothers FG, in the process of replacing it.... Lesson learnt to be gentle with these cables cause they're a massive PITA to replace. Especially with all this deadener in the way 😂

wb9LlcF.jpg

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Going off what I mentioned in the off topic thread, I'm in the process of replacing the pre-cat O2 sensor, and I've noticed quite a bit of oil build up around the back of the motor and on the sensor plug.

Check this album for pics of this, some of them are below.

Noticed that some oil has built up around the plug, nothing inside yet but still odd.

XllMS6p.jpg

You can see the plug on the left has oil around it. 

Here's where the leak appears to be coming from

vfCT2lR.jpg

This a common place for barra's to be leaking from?

Car has done about 2,000km since the last oil change and the level has not changed a bit. Still a bit concerned over this though.

Here's what the O2 sensor looks like too, fore reference, I'm changing the sensor due to getting the code P0311 and the car idling like its on ghost cams when I started it recently.

I1gg8g5.jpg

• Member For: 4y 8m 25d

After moving houses and not touching the car for awhile. I finally got around to putting on some DBA4000 slotted rotors and bendix ultimate pads along with a set of re003 tyres. 

Tyres are a huge improvement over the cheapies the previous owner put on and it's nice to hit the brakes and not feel the entire car wobble. 

Also replaced a front caliper as it was sticking with just a repco one for now until I have more funds to spend