What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 7d
7 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Not to say this can't be a complete DIY job. Plenty of people have done this themselves. You can get decent results using 2k paints (primer, base, top coat). My brother and I did his completely DIY using rattle cans. Ended up costing around $200 in paint, it was all 2k (2 pack primer, base and top coat). I paid $250 for the rocker cover to be powder coated in a blue with chameleon top coat so all-in-all pretty great value.

Thanks @biddie_fiddler Not a lot of difference in the end price and a lot less work for you if prep was included in price. I think I like it without the coil cover as well.

You made the catch can arrangement very neat and engine bay looks smicko

Edited by Wyatt

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

I actually put the cover back on lol.

I needed to cut the hole for front breather a little bigger to fit the 90° AN fitting and I didn't have a step drill bit to get it done easily. Quick trip to bunnings sorted out the problem.

Another issue I had was that the VCT connector plugs both sh*t the bed and broke. I ordered some new ones while the second rocker cover was getting powder coated. Fixed this before I put the coil cover back on. Easy job to de-pin the connectors. Took about 2min per connector to de-pin the old housing and re-pin the new ones.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Removed the cigarette lighter and replaced it with a USB quick charge port. Has a type C port on it! So futuristic and sh*t.

Also has a voltmeter integrated. Not sure I like that part but overall fit and finish is amazing.

Photo doesn't do it justice, looks like its not in straight but trust me I made sure it was square 🤣🤣

With the cover closed it looks almost factory, doesn't stick out like dogs balls.

(I need a new shifter boot)

GMvRIrS.jpg

Link to it for anyone curious

DS2026_1_480x.jpg?v=1609033722

• Like 4