What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Got the missus' car tinted the other day :)  looks great even at the shitty ruled 35% visual light transfer at the darkest you're allowed... This one is called Madico Black Pearl Nano-Ceramic and the bloke who did it is a gun at it :spoton: After a couple of weeks of it, it's great at dropping a 87% of UV light and keeping the car cool :cool1:

B4LQfWo.jpg

compare this first pic with the 2nd purchase shot here for how the tint shows up compared to nothing on the stock car -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/81090-cool-stuff-you-just-bought/page/213/?tab=comments#comment-1700924

The rest of the pictures are more intended to show how the tint looks in comparison:

fyn6FL0.jpg

yOTH4FH.jpg

zkONTLI.jpg

and then in the gym parking lot that afternoon after it was tinted with the nice down-low shot. 

z1DMphI.jpg

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Following my comments on the off topic thread, finished the install of a GENUINE Walbro 255 intank pump.

Gotta say it was way harder than I had originally thought but its finally done! Here's some proof! 👇

Also, I noticed this wire coming out of the hood/cover thing, it went through to the wiring harness that plugs into the fuel cradle. Not sure what its for?

The other end follows all the way to the footwell to the abyss - also no idea where it leads to.

Anyone ever noticed this before?

eMAdzxs.jpg

ALSO!!! I got a FG rocker cover not a ba/bf one that I can actually use on my car. Plan is to get it powder coated in the chameleon teal again except I'll have a different base coat under it. I'm thinking purple or blue... Still haven't decided.

The ba/bf cover I did was a black base coat. Came out mint, just a tad too dark.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-5733/chameleon-teal

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

Needs new bushes front and rear and shocks/springs
Clear coat is deteriateing rapidly on the roof and bonnet
The list goes on and on
I would love to come down and have you work on her.............
But just blew my dough on building a Supermoto bike (10k total) so the poor old girl will have to wait

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Picked up the CORRECT rocker cover for my car today from the powder coaters!

Light blue base with chameleon teal top coat. Won't look anything special until its hit by sunlight - kinda like pearl!

0ASCOuz.jpg

• Like 3