What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 23d

Went under ute to identify what centre bearing & Driveshaft coupling I need, while looking around I discovered a disturbing lack of one nut in particular.
08c7809a90e9ca84b806b11c0cffb6d6.jpgb4f06d548a4d1c7a273d49f8c2af38bf.jpg

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Yeah nah you don't need that nut, it's one of the optional ones. It's a good example of why taking it to the mechanics for a service or at least a look over once in a whiles is a good idea.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 23d

Gotta pay extra for them nuts, steel ain't cheap! Honestly my life flashed before my eyes thinking I could have died.

Goes in every 6 months and half way to its next visit.
Mechanic is good and lists things that need attention soon or coming up which gives me 6 months to either do it myself or sort out parts for him to do at next service.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m
10 minutes ago, bupalooga said:

Gotta pay extra for them nuts

That's what I tell the missus :laughing:

I guess it's just one of those things hey. They would have picked it last time if it was missing. Chuck some loctite on it and it will stay there this time.

• Haha 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Got a pretty sweat deal on a walbro 255 intank pump. $100 for the pump and a raceworks intank flexible hose. Being that I'm only chasing around 310rwkw I was advised that the 255 would be more than enough and will be a good lift pump for a future surge tank as said by @JETURBO

Wasn't planning on getting one before the tune in Jan but figured why not while it was on sale.

My question though for the install, are insulated crimp terminals fuel safe? I'll need to do some wiring to fit the new pump and I don't really want to solder. These are what I'm thinking of using cause I have tonnes at home already:

https://www.repco.com.au/en/globes-batteries-electrical/electrical-accessories/connectors-terminals/narva-crimp-terminal-joiner-red-insulated-3mm-15-pce-56054bl/p/A7727445

If not I'll just source some uninsulated versions and use some heat shrink 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Asked Narva support about their crimp joiner mentioned above and they said that the insulated ones are not certified to be used with fuel and they do not recommend I use them for that application. 

Whats everyone else used for crimping fuel pump wiring?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Genuine walbro pumps now come with fuel safe Crimp connectors, if it’s Genuine it should have them

see picture I took from the last one I did a week ago ( blue straight barrel crimps in packet ) 

Y4HmY61.jpg

• Thanks 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

I hope it does xD

I bought it from Ebay and the seller states its genuine... If it isn't then I'll be able to get my money back 😜

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-WALBRO-GSS342-255-LPH-IN-TANK-HIGH-PRESSURE-FUEL-PUMP-UNIVERSAL-KIT-au/174347576481

Looks like it comes with everything apart from the crimps 🙃

• Member For: 3y 7m 7d

Today, I learnt that my 2014 MK2 FG XR6T header/overflow tanks is a different design to all other FG's, after trying to bolt up my new header/overflow tank that I bought off evil bay. And I had found out going through 'RANGE FORD' in WA, that 'JEFFERSON FORD' is the only place that currently stocks them, and they dont have many left. So, be quick if you want a new header/overflow bottle before they sell out.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Whereabouts in Perth are you?

And yea, sorry mate they certainly are different 😂

I thought that the mk2 overflows can still bolt up to the mk1's? Could be wrong though

EDIT

Just reading your post again, are you saying that you have a mk2 and that you bought a mk1 tank? 😋

Edited by biddie_fiddler