What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 18d

That'll be a good setup if you do get the jack off system in it, have only seem one falcon ute with it so far.
I have it on the work hilux and it does come in handy a few times a year when you need a tray back to move stuff around. Well worth the dollars.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Should help my 1/4 mile times too! (YouTube work ute vs 86)

Had been planning to get an aluminium jack off canopy for ages but it would never have suited the body shape as well as this thing does and cost way more $$$

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 7m 25d

hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place but I recently bought a saas 2 gauge pod w/ autometer oil pressure and boost gauges, for my fg turbo. It came with a vacuum line for boost gauge but no wires for either? I'm trying to do lots of research(cause I'm a spaz) before I try to install them. Any advice on gauge of wire or just advice in general. Thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d
On 06/08/2020 at 7:29 PM, Puffwagon said:

That's not a one time occurrence. It's the result of being held at wot until it blew up.

Look up precision international here in SA for stock pistons etc.

precision international list a Hypatec piston set for around $400, looks like with options for oversize.

got me tempted to take that bf block to a machine shop to see if it will bore out ok.

the orgionally plan was to put the rods in the ba motor, but I guess if the Bf block can be fixed its only $400 piston and $175 piston set away from being fine. 

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Yerp that will give you part of a stock rebuild. I looked at this option and then I thought well fark if I'm going to spend $500 on pistons I may as well spend enough and get some forged pistons, then I thought well fark it, I'll get upgraded pins too then I thought fark it and got I beam rods too.

While it's out and apart; You'll want better rods too, so they'll need sizing and the crank will need linnishing, then you may as well get oil pump gears, then you may as well get main studs which will mean line honing, and if you're getting it line honed then you may as well get a girdle and get the main caps machined to suit, then you may as well do the flex plate cos you may as well while it's out, then you'll want to at least deck the head, then you may as well get the seats re cut while you're there and get a decent set of springs in it, so you may as well get a full atomic timing kit, and of course you'll be forking out for a full vrs kit which will mean that you may as well get a better head gasket, then you may as well get head studs too cos it's only an extra $250, then you may as well get a balancer cos the stock ones are sh*te, then for all that bullsh*t you may as well buy a giant turbo and if you've got a giant turbo then you'll need a beastly fuel system and then you'll put the whole lot together, break your transmission, replace that, break the diff, replace that, go through a set of tyres and axles every 2 weeks and eventually wish that you'd just bought a honda civic and paid off the mortgage instead.

But yeah, nothing wrong with a stock rebuild :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d

In my parts trade I did, I got crow valve springs, ARP headstuds, some headgasket and intune billet pump gear. Just came with a ba turbo motor, then a mate gave me the Bfmk2 motor basically free I was thinking id just use the rods in the ba motor.

trying to be realistic with the build because I'm only going to need a Rear wheel horsepower number that begins with a 4.

By ba na + t has 401rwhp and I drift that no problem.

I think the cheapest forgie pistons and rods together comes in like 2k in parts and its just not going to be worth it considering the build requirements. 

• Like 1