What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Giving the ute a 3rd gear hit on the way to work the other day, all as normal then hear a bit of a doink, and then a distinct rubbing noise.

Curse, pull over and pop the bonnet...

"Yo, water pump pulley!"

"Na man nobody home"

ACtC-3di1tyYsku55ULDShwfveTsmAcwKWx5tpvO

The belt is pretty old and immediately starts to shred from rubbing over the bare pump shaft, flicking all sorts of sh*t around the already grubby bay.

Anyway could've been worse... got a new GMB pump - $48 on work trade account which I thought pretty cheap - lucky I was basically across the road from Autopro when it happened.

Removed the belt rather than let it make things worse, and limped a few more kays down the road to the mechanic we've started using.

Had to stop and let it cool a couple of times but no big deal... no power steer on 255 fronts though, bloody hell it took some effort

I knew the balancer was flogged and well overdue to be replaced so got that done at the same time.

Just as well!!!!

It literally slipped off, probably half a decent 3rd gear roll on away from sh*tting itself spectacularly...

ACtC-3dLA779A1KvAYQenE8eeOwSSDCoBU2Q_jAJ

cue arronm comment about power vs. cast balancers and pic of the one(s) he's destroyed  

Edited by camo86T
added words
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Yep I did 

If I was keeping the ute it'd be a different story but putting it up for sale this week.

Stock one has lasted almost 12 yrs, 9yrs since first mods, brand new powerbond one should be fine for a while yet