What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 8m 21d

Too primitive to take screen shot on what's on the screen on the phone?

If you have a V1 detector and keen have a look at the app.

I reckon my data will be pinched but have google maps as an underlay and can mark radar sites.

Even out here in the middle of b**f**k I have two sites which set the detector crazy so if I'm brave can mask them.

Same for the warning trailers on the side of the road, once I find their exact frequency they can be blocked aswell(maybe).

Was hoping to block the stupid adaptive cruise control for Toyota's from setting the detector off, time will tell.

Heap of other fancy bits but still doesn't beat the smart copper who leaves the detection to the last minute.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

interesting situations... how often do you reckon you'll hit the brakes really hard when you see it going off? shock your patrons? :P

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 8m 21d

Old school I know, gave up on trying to take images with the dimmer mod.

Fuel press has saved me twice as nothing is plug and play despite what they say.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

Changed oil in the work car today. Was pretty happy that the new mechanic didn't over tighten the sump nut and oil filter when he did them 5000ks ago. I made sure to over tighten both of them 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

lol you thought about the fact that he was good about it then thought "I'll spite his nice attitude with some assholery" ... dodgy farker aren't ya, Johnny

• Haha 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d

Bowdens snow job, then 2 bucket wash with Bowden's Nanolicious Car Wash, then finnished her off with Bowdens happy ending :original:

this is just the beginning (snow job)

3HtqbCa.jpg

the other day I was extolling the brilliance of this daily and how it has operated flawlessly for the duration of my ownership

but there is one little niggly thing I forgot about

it eats battery's (had to replace it today)

I barely get 18 months out of one, and yes,  I buy the highest cranking amp one that will fit

the alternator is charging as it should,  I have checked it,  battery guys have checked it,  had a mechanic check it,   it checks out :aaggl:

The car still starts ok, but the aircon circuit wont turn on if the battery is getting a bit low in the cranking department

and it still wont turn on if you drive down the street turning the aircon off and back on again (believe me I've tried this over and over)

it's almost as if the aircon circuit has communicated with the ECU telling the car that there is not enough juice in the battery so just forget about turning on the bloody aircon no matter what.

disconnecting the battery and reconnecting temporarily fixes the problem but new battery totally fixes it  (for about 18 months)

• Like 1