What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Looking very nice Robin 

excellent power for boost on that 42 

congrats mate it’s been a long time coming :) 

• Member For: 12y 1m 20d

Yeah cheers lads!

Has def taken a while but the whole fam and house thing def takes precedence.

Saw a peak of 574, but that was because we had a little boost spike I def didn't want to push it that hard without head studs etc. I'd reckon the pistons and rods would also be at their limits.

Had some crazy variance with my wideband also which had us a little confused. The 4.9 connected to the haltech in the dump was reading crazy rich at like 10.5-10.7 and the one in the tail pipe was reading 12.0

It def wasn't that rich as it sounded crisp as. Was around 13degs at peak torque and feeding it back in to around 17 up top. So def still conservative on ethanol. I can seem to find if the plug-in can do a free air cal on the wideband?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 23d

Have been getting ca-donk ca-donk noises from the rear end for the last 2 weeks, worse when turning left.
Turns out the diff is displeased with my driving. b319d640802b1df036a0761cab916a02.jpg

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Finally got motivated to work on the ute today.

Pulled the steel plate off the tray and bolted the toolbox where it was.
This allows the toolbox to have an access panel to the fuel hanger.
Then cut the tray liner to fit around the toolbox and refit it.

Going to aim to have the fuel pumps rewired next weekend.d83d8a6728a258beff0613e6f6db8b41.jpg

• Like 7

• Member For: 5y 3m 25d

Well today, I got my 15 fgx xr6t dynoed on the local dyna pack, we got a max of 414 rwkw at 18psi 98 octane fuel, we dialled it back to 382rwkw on 15psi to save the driveline and pistons. Garrett 3582 with .7 comp housing, 4 inch homemade steampipe dump, turbosmart 45mm external plumbed back in down bottom of exhaust, no cat, 4 inch exhaust up to the 3 inch flange under the car, pw stg 2 cooler, stock airbox, k and n filter.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 23d

Wetsanded & clear coated the headlights on the ute & the girlfriends nugget. Will buff & refit tomorrow.
JB welded the bumper back together, the strips up the side that get clipped in had split from the bumper and the corners always popped out.
Dropped the 6sp manual gearbox oil and filled with 4.8l of Penrite 75w-75. My new 12v toolpro ratchet is now thoroughly lubricated. lol
Will do brake & clutch fluid once my safebrake lines turn up.

QUESTION: can I fully unscrew the clutch bleed nipple so I can get an extension hydrolic line made up and screw said hose in its place? Anyone done this? eaf1af538ca9d821e4ff9ab9f88dcd0f.jpgfdd323d36cee32e8fc2b44cf8ef6924c.jpg

• Like 1