What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 14d

Guys t2 t3 or gold tops. Prices excluding gst but not bad. I have always run bendix ultimates but they seem to smash the rotors. Any other great pad options? Not sure if I just got t2 or gold tops. Might just meet in the middle. Much difference between the gold and t3? Cheers aa702c1a266e6725779b59ea2135f6aa.jpg5e969bd04bcad36a024268c9db021975.jpg

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Had it serviced the other day...

having DPF issues... now not having DPF issues... Toyota say they didn’t change anything... me says they changed the DPF. Oh well at least it’s running better than a bag of chunks like it was. 

Fyi the new carolla is pooooohhhhh in automatic well that’s a standard really for small cars I guess

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d
3 hours ago, Slowxr6t said:

Cool, so it shouldn't bind? Valve hole is 5.5mm, can you buy long magnets that thin?

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/toledo-toledo-flexible-magnetic-pick-up-tool/SPO79956.html

bummer tip is 7mm. 

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 5y 4m 16d

Took the head off today to retrieve the valve that fell through into cylinder while changing springs, clocked up 34th hour of work on car so far for this big monster garage project, probably another 34 to go lol. Ordered atomic 12mm headstuds and oversize 28mm washers too. I'm doing atomic oil pump, valve springs, headstuds by default which is probably not a bad thing, bigger turbo, pw stg 2 cooler, 1050cc injectors, kpm 700hp intank fuel pump, 4 inch turbo back exhaust up to the 3inch flange that goes to 2 and a quarter pipes. 45mm turbosmart gate off the housing plumbed back downstream. I'm going for a strong reliable 350 to 370rwkw.

• Member For: 8y 6m 11d

Got my intake manifold powder coated today, looks heaps better. Also had to modify the heater pipe so got a Plazmaman -10an fitting to push into the thermostat housing and ran pushlok hose. 80ebc1d755f87cf467b54d5a00dd85ef.jpgf53ec070174ebaf65378131b6bfe1549.jpg2b2c8530333d404cf8c09ab6b7b1d13b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

New heat-exchanger on territory. Finished bypass on BF wagon.  Then took out F6 and sprayed the tyres......