What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

Serviced the Kluger - engine oil, diff oil, transfer case oil, transmission fluid. Efficient way to do it - jack it up, get the drain pan out and go nuts.

Went to do the in-tank fuel filter too. Pulled out one of the middle row seats, removed trim panels, folded back the carpet. Unfortunately the lock ring and fuel module were spinning together, so will have to buy a new lock ring and cut the old one off. At least now I know the drill for how to get to it.

• Gold Donating Members

That's not bad - visible but not too conspicuous. Close to the OBD port too.

The ultra gauge I've got hooked into the OBD gave a couple of pending trouble code alarms on the way to work this morning for coil plug circuits. Ordered a set of genuine coils as at 120,000 km there is a good chance mine are original.

Might explain the occasional stall and roughness at idle I'm getting. Or I guess it could be the typical earthing issue causing the codes and the idle problem. Either way, worth buying the coils as you know you are always going to need them eventually! If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'll swap the current ones back in and add some earth straps.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

OSGJ7LY.jpg

washed it and drove it to my bro's b'day dinner... one place in his home town had 91 for 163.2c, then just up the highway (literally the next service station, the one pictured) had 91 for 129.9 haha got my BP 98 for 148.9c/L  which is a ridiculous comparison, but a welcome one.

• Like 3

• Member For: 4y 9m 30d
15 hours ago, k31th said:

nice first post :) sounds like you've done a good job.

pics?

Cheers, I'll get some up in the near future. Working on the cai box today and it needs a bath lol. Trying to find the throttle relocation pipework from someone who has upgraded too....... Saw on eBay for $230 ish but I'll try the second hand market too. 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d
3 hours ago, El Andrew said:

That's not bad - visible but not too conspicuous. Close to the OBD port too.

The ultra gauge I've got hooked into the OBD gave a couple of pending trouble code alarms on the way to work this morning for coil plug circuits. Ordered a set of genuine coils as at 120,000 km there is a good chance mine are original.

Might explain the occasional stall and roughness at idle I'm getting. Or I guess it could be the typical earthing issue causing the codes and the idle problem. Either way, worth buying the coils as you know you are always going to need them eventually! If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'll swap the current ones back in and add some earth straps.

I changed my coils on the BA F6 recently.  14 years old and 43K. Was breaking down on boost.  Maybe only one or two bad ones , but at 200 bucks I am sweet for another 10 years.  Might be up to 80K by then.  The BF F6 still hasnt cracked 20K. 

Changed rear diff oil in territory.  Had done 40K. Was somewhat dirty but no bad.   May wait 50K next time.  That castrol SAF 80-140 SYN works well. 

Edited by arronm

• Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, arronm said:

I changed my coils on the BA F6 recently.  14 years old and 43K. Was breaking down on boost.  Maybe only one or two bad ones , but at 200 bucks I am sweet for another 10 years.  Might be up to 80K by then.  The BF F6 still hasnt cracked 20K. 

Changed rear diff oil in territory.  Had done 40K. Was somewhat dirty but no bad.   May wait 50K next time.  That castrol SAF 80-140 SYN works well. 

Yeah I figure better to swap them than have a decent run through the hills spoiled by coil breakdown.

I'm using exclusively Gulf Western fluids. If I'm ordering through them for trans fluid, I grab a couple of drums if engine oil and whatever else I need to get the cars through the next couple of years.

What the heck? I'm sure I quoted Arron's post! Probably user error though if I'm honest....

MOD EDIT: fixed by k31th :)