What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
28 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

did you upgrade the wiring also?

Nope ran out of time, only had time to fit the pump. Will do it next week.

28 minutes ago, BeerTurbo said:

whats modifications did you do > drill out the return hole in the fuel container and the fuel pressure regulator?

It's a secret :) Nah all we did was modify the return and remove about 5mm off the bottom of where the pump is held. I haven't touched the fuel reg, I might just replace it with an aftermarket barra specific one shortly. I spose I could drill it out over the weekend as it's a fairly small job.

The only tuning I did yesterday was revert the fuel back to known good 98 figures. I've got hold of a lc1 that fits the tail pipe and plugs into the console power, so will have a quick sus that everything is ok when I get a chance. It'll give some idea if there is any fuel pressure issues at idle but that might not happen until I give the pump full battery voltage. I'll post an update if you're interested.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 10m 19d

with the fitting of the walbro 255 on the weekend my idle trims were still 0, so without a fuel pressure gauge I can assume its still fine. I only modified the in tank return pipe.

when I fitted a 450 to the gold ute idle trims went to town. but then again I ran bigger wires straight away, so you may be on the money with the lower voltage helping maintain idle pressure.

Im allways interested. hahahaha.

I recently found out one of my local workshops has a 4wd dyno now, so now im keen to put it on the rollers after some road tune action.

• Like 2

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
On 20/05/2019 at 12:59 PM, OZYWALKER said:

Lines are getting replaced with black braided gear by 247.

Won't be in a rush to fit it all because I've already put new lines in but it's a decent outcome.

What was the reasoning for this? 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
20 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Fitted the Walbro 460 today. Modded the pot and return etc and got it back together just in time to pick the kids up from school.

Ran out of fuel on the way there so thanks @Rab. Got that sorted out though and couldn't get hold of e85 so filled up with 98 and retuned it. I left it on 13psi and although it's not holy sh*t fast (never was lol), it still hauls ass. Gen2 gtx3582r ftw! I thought it would suck having the bigger turbo but it is great.

The cruising fuel economy is noticeably better now that it is back on 98 and looking to get 600km per tank vs 500km from before.

I really need a flex fuel kit and to have it tuned with pcmtec. I already have the workshop version so when the time comes I can get it really dialed in. Boost by gear or boost by speed will be a great addition, along with never having to tune it again once the flex sensor is installed.

How far off are you fixing your sedan.  Wouldn't the cash be better spent on that ?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

There is no et on fixing the falcon but more than likely is going to be next year.

So far I haven't spent any money on the territory (minus some tuning credits that were already there) as I already had the parts laying around from the falcon. 

The flex fuel kit is on the wish list but more than likely won't be done for a few months at least. That won't really make any difference to how quickly the sedan gets fixed, for reasons.