What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I can still get up it a bit but will have to wait for a pump before full send.

Haha the wastegate is only on 20 to 25% duty cycle to make 13psi. The turbo is hardly breaking a sweat. It's gonna make some power next week...until the cooler heatsoaks all of 5 seconds later :wwww:

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 13d
Speaking of yikes, I got a wideband onto it today and it was out of pump. Turned it down to 13psi and it was still out of pump.

Have arranged for a pump upgrade next week so no high rpm wot until then. 
Lean HP ftw. 23 in the mid.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It ran 23 in the mid last night for a split second, cos I set up the boost controller wrong. Fortunately I got off it at 3100rpm when the map sensor went out of range. I pulled over and fixed it and it was sweet.

I've got conservative timing and a good bit of e85 in the tank which stopped it from knocking, but it would not have been happy with that on 98.

Haha I'm gonna run 18psi to keep up my end of the deal, make a video for the forum and then turn it back down again. I kinda forgot how much more the gen2 turbo puts out vs a stocker and ain't nobody got time for a worn out drive train.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d
1 hour ago, Puffwagon said:

Speaking of yikes, I got a wideband onto it today and it was out of pump. Turned it down to 13psi and it was still out of pump.

Have arranged for a pump upgrade next week so no high rpm wot until then. 

What injectors you got. I got 750cc and pump still enough flow. Apparently stock injectors run out. I have SY2 so different pump..

I had Walbro to fit. Simon said not needed. Only injectors.

Front mount 

Territory-21-800x600.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Bosch 980's. I've got 15 litres of e85 to 50 litres of 98 so there is a bit more fuel needed to get the correct afr.

At 13psi I stopped it at 13:1 and that was around 5500rpm, but it started leaning out at about 4000rpm or so. I wasn't watching, a mate was reading it out as it changed. It may well be a blocked filter but I figured that with the larger turbo and the e85 the stock pump would be running out around where I have it. I'll find out next week though when I swap it out.

Mine was built in sept 06. It comes up as xr2 on ford etis so I guess it's a series 2. Fark knows.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

06 is SY1 series 1. SY2 is very different. My engine is FG based. Definitely change the fuel filter if you haven't since purchasing.

• Like 1