What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

Finally installed new genuine O2 senor yesterday. Took it for a hills drive and reset the trip computer.

Instant results were really good, dropped from 17.7 L/100km's to a best of 11.8 with it settling to around 12.1 -12.4.

Time will tell what it stays at but its a good result for now.

Also re- installed my turbosmart bov.

On a general inspection I noticed I have lost two bolts from rear of my turbo, two of the six that are on the half round brackets. (One next to the wastegate actuator and the above.)

Does any know the spec's on these bolts or I'm just gonna remove and take one down to nuts and bolts r us.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Finally no incorrect or faulty parts and I finished up my trans cooler install and trans service today. I reckon driving it around for a week and a half between the second-last and last dump and fill is going above and beyond the correct flushing procedure!

Brand new front bar is on too.

36 degrees and a combination of steep hills and lots of red lights was a decent way to check everything was working. Just got warm enough to trigger the fan, including the indicator light I wired into my gauge panel.

Glad to have it done - one happy ZF with no chance of milshaking. I've written up what I've done and taken plenty of pictures, which I'll put in a thread as soon as I tidy it up a bit.

Also picked up a 16" steel spare today - had to use the space saver last week after the rear left picked up a screw. Space saver is a horrible thing to drive on.

• Like 3

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d
On 27/01/2019 at 9:28 AM, Box stock T. said:

On a general inspection I noticed I have lost two bolts from rear of my turbo, two of the six that are on the half round brackets. (One next to the wastegate actuator and the above.)

I had one of my bolts do this and it was a hairline crack in the rear housing.

replacing the housing would be best or just upgrade to a new and better turbo

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 18d

Nearly kicked it off the jack stands.
Tried to fit an SFI made to suit Barra bell housing.
Carnt didn't clear the flywheel. You gotta be kidding me you caaaarrrnt.
I <3 Bananas

K bye

• Sad 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

If u make it out to Princess Cornwall I’ll send bank details and also if u wanna send extra it would help with my customs charges on the diamonds I’m importing and I promise to go halves with you when they arrive.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

bank transfer is fine, you just have send a PM to CJF077 to verify it before it'll attach to the forum...

paypal is obviously easier (just reset your password or whatever), but you're welcome to do it any way you like :)