What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

One more dumb question - anyone know whether the top or bottom cooler port on the ZF is the outlet? Can't find the info anywhere. Could hook up a hose into a bucket to check I spose.

Ideally I would connect the hose with fan thermo switch to the outlet of the trans (inlet of the cooler). Doesn't matter heaps though as either way it will still act as a temp threshold.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 17d

Working on fabricating a cage for my new 2nd battery location.

Does anyone know the go with this fuel tank filler breather line? I wanna pull the hose off the while tank fitting and replace cause it's too short for me but I don't wanna break the plastic fitting.

I've got about 1500km holiday driving and a dyno tune to go to this week and don't wanna I <3 Bananas it up lol45165175871893841fc6bd5d2e2e3698.jpgc067a44582a6e1105a04c811825cb21f.jpg

• Member For: 6y 11m 22d
52 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

One more dumb question - anyone know whether the top or bottom cooler port on the ZF is the outlet? Can't find the info anywhere. Could hook up a hose into a bucket to check I spose.

Ideally I would connect the hose with fan thermo switch to the outlet of the trans (inlet of the cooler). Doesn't matter heaps though as either way it will still act as a temp threshold.

Have you still got the stock cooler on it?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

Today, with the wifes assistance, I fitted some bosch "1000cc" injectors, a garret 12psi actuator, innovate wideband and tuned it to suit.

As I already had injector data from the falcon, I put that in and it fired up straight away and didn't really need adjusting, though I did quickly change them to sus out if I could hold 11:1 afr to redline. #returnfuel

I added about 7 litres of e85 to half a tank, turned the boost control way down to get a feel for what it was going to do and after about 5 drives up and down the road it was good enough. I was going to go for 12psi across the board but settled for a peak of 16psi dropping to 13psi. I could have done another couple of pulls to get the 12psi across the board but it felt good there.

There is still some duty cycle left in the wg and there is a tonne of dc left in the injectors. The timing is plenty safe, even for straight 98, and will adjust the knock sensors when I get a microphone of some type onto the engine. The afr's are where they should be @12:1 and the car goes very well now.

It's just a pity that the intercooler is so useless but that will be done another day. :launch:

• Like 5

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 3m 21d

What car do you have puffy? And why do I feel like this is you not looking at the road.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

• Haha 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

Also fitted a high flow panel filter I had lying around. 

7 seater turbo territory. 

Lol I only needed a quick look at the wideband gauge that is temporarily, and very loosely, perched upon the steering column.

I'd already done a lot of tuning with those parts, so had some idea of how to work with them.