What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 3m 16d

Converted the lawn mower to E85, and by convert I mean I had nothing else to pour in there :drag: runs good though

• Haha 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d
21 hours ago, El Andrew said:

The packet has the correct part number, but is definitely different to the factory fitting. Is also different to the pic on the Aeroflow site, so I'm guessing the wrong part went in the Aeroflow bag at the factory.

Thankfully I found a performance parts place a couple of km away with the correct fittings in stock (they are special order only from Supercheap and the hose places). So two minutes under the car tomorrow and I'll be ready to start filling up with the old Gulf Western.

b97c3e6febd90043e07ba54b39831e59.jpg

So I may have jumped the gun here.  Went to the parts guy this morning and the Aeroflow part he had matched the Aeroflow part I already had (and had the same part number).  So seems what was in the bag was the correct part.  He was sure that was the part he always supplied, but is definitely different to my factory line.

He actually had a Falcon ZF in his workshop - we had a look at that and my factory line fitted it and the Aeroflow part didn't.

So Aeroflow and Speedflow both list two separate parts for ZF adaptor.  Aeroflow have AF72-5050 (which I bought) and AF72-5051. 5050 says it for a Ford ZF, 5051 for a Ford 6R 6HP26.

Speedflow list 922-ZF-08-BLK and 922-6R-08-BLK.

Proflow only list one part number, but the picture doesn't look like mine.

Looking at the pics on the Aeroflow site - the 5050 seems to look like mine (with the chamfered end) but is a straight end.  The 5051 look like a straight end but I'm wondering if the pictures are around the wrong way.

Given the 5050 was wrong, I'm thinking of ordering the 5051 and seeing what happens.

Has anyone else come across two types of fittings before?

• Gold Donating Members

I might be on to something now. Raceworks also list two parts and provides outside diameters for the fittings. The ZF part no has an OD of 16.4mm (which matches my factory fitting) and the 6R part has an OD of 18.8mm (which is what the Aeroflow part I was sent measures).

I'll reward Raceworks for providing some meaningful specs and order the ZF part they list as its OD matches my factory fitting.

Would still be interested if anyone else has done this what size their box had - on face value alone it seems like the photo and description are matches up to incorrect part numbers for Aeroflow. I'll email them and find out as it might save someone else some trouble.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d
21 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

Would still be interested if anyone else has done this what size their box had

I have a zf and a 6r80 box that I can measure if you're interested. Shouldn't take too long.

• Gold Donating Members

Thanks! Would be interesting to know. Not urgent - I think I've got enough info to keep me moving.

I'm measuring the part of the fitting that pushes into the box obviously.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

ID on the box is 18.8mm on the 6r80 and 16.5mm on the zf so similar to what you said a couple of posts ago. There may be a hundredth or so here or there. I measured the top hole on the zf and the bottom hole on the 6r80 cos one of them was upside down.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

Both my ZF plastic fittings 16.3mm. Removed from 2 x auto boxes 

$8. But check out the description. Its arse about....

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Raceworks-Transmission-Adapter-AN-AN-8-6R-16-4mm-O-D-RWF-922-6R-08BK/254053584312?hash=item3b26c60db8:g:yvAAAOSwsZhcL9hl:rk:11:pf:0

• Gold Donating Members

Thanks guys - that's awesome. Means the part I was shipped wasn't the ZF part, and what I've ordered definitely is. Bit annoying to now have the car off the road for a couple of days, but oh well. Can't quite bring myself to reconnect the factory heat exchanger in the meantime now that the car is officially incapable of bringing all the boys to the yard.

The fittings the parts place had in stock weren't in packaging so I'm guessing he thought they were ZF fittings but was mistaken.

Edit: yeah I saw that one Arron. Seemed too good to be a true and possibly not right, so I played it safe and ordered through TI Performance. Small saving not worth the car being off the road for a few more days if it's wrong.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 15d
well done on circumventing the work required haha
I opened my mouth to soon. Took the car for a quick spin this arvo and I didn't even make it out the driveway before it dropped back to empty. Think I'll be removing the fuel system and tub liner after all