What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I replaced the fuel filter this arvo. It was more blocked than a new one but it wasn't completely farked and shouldn't have been frigging my afr.

Next thing to check is fuel pump pipe. I think it is busted cos when I swapped the filter it kept siphoning. 

Fml I just filled it up yesterday...I've got jerrys but who wants to fark around with that? Me apparently cos that's what I'm gonna do :headbang4:

• Sad 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

It was a split hose. It was easier to do than I thought cos I have a relay for the pump under the back seat. I just ran a hose from the outlet on the pump assy straight into the jerry cans. Piece of piss mate.

The only lifting I had to do was putting the fuel back in the car. ;)

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Wideband installation Mk 2. Those of you on the Snowys cruise will remember my wideband chucked a sensor error after about 30 mins of decent driving.

A much easier job when you already have all of the wiring , relays and firewall holes in place!

I switched from Innovate to AEM given discussions here previously about the Innovates eating sensors. Maybe there is something in that, maybe not but my sensor died so I thought I'd try something else.

Good feelings about the AEM so far. Is shallower so was easier to find a decent spot for it, plus the wiring is simpler. Still has output to connect to other devices eg HP dongle. Apparently has a resistor to adjust calibration as it ages and so doesn't require regular free air calibration (although you can do this).

Biggest win is that you can switch between AFR, Lamda and % plus other settings from the gauge - doesn't need a serial cable plugged into a laptop like the Innovate.

Main downside is it looks a bit Skyline spec for my liking.a9a517b0eb2d2920d383fade6edf4732.jpg

• Like 1