What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

Cooler(s)?

Passenger side= trans cooler, in series with ford heat exchanger. Drivers = engine oil cooler. With derale 80c thermostat.

Didnt soft mount the heat exchanger. I HATE WORKING ON THIS CAR.............

Edited by arronm

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Dude the job sucks. I hate working on this car. Everything is difficult to get to. The turbo oil filter is behind the heat exchanger, so you may as well change that at the same time.

I wouldnt fit another turbo filter to a territory no matter how much I was paid.

I figured that's where it was FFS! I wanted to remove mine to check that the standard turbo filter is gone as the original owner said yes he took it out but he also said it had the 3576 turbo fitted...

I noticed when I was sh!t fighting with trying to get a bottle of Lubegard into the top hose on the heat exchanger to the gearbox (which didn't happen!) that my F6X has an engine oil cooler that runs inline from a spacer plate behind the engine oil filter to the heat exchanger so I gather it was only the FPV's that got this setup? TBH it looks like it would do fck all but some feedback anyone if I should leave it or remove if it has the same problems as the heat exchangers or not?

I also need to replace the front diff breather as I'll have a guess that the mechanics who changed the passenger side diff bushes cut the breather hose off about 3inches up and I've had diff oil spewing everywhere for 3yrs so who knows if it's nearly empty or not? I can't get a hand near it and only can touch it with my finger tips so replacing it is near on impossible! I tried sliding a larger hose over it but there was just zero room to do it and gave up after 2hrs....

I've contemplated 2wd it but then that would make it another tub-o-lard skid machine...

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d

^^^^

Yea farken Nizpro sh*ty expensive exhaust. sh*t clamps it comes with broke of ages ago.

Pulled out the "helper" springs from the leaf pack.

a32590c1ae5a895a3d789fe178879726.jpg