What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

306rwkw seems like a middle of the road number for the mods you've got... potential is there for ~330 on 98 or ~345 on E85 with those mods :)

Either way, as long as you're happy with it and how it drives, that's all that matters!

• Member For: 10y 9m 23d

well, im running 98 all the time on it and keeping in mind it was a 38 degree day when we did the dyno also. Maybe could've pulled a few more horses in better weather. Tuner says the dyno is one of the harsher reading ones (but don't they all lol)

Very happy with the drive though it definitely feels like more than 306rwkw that's for sure :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d

My car made 306rwkw as well

My tuner (Pitlane) said it was standard exhaust holding mine back from more power

Yours could be similar, but as you said 300kw is awesome!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Wilko, did you change your cat?

From what I know of the FG exhaust, the cat is really the only restriction in the turbo models, until of course you change the turbocharger ;)

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Keith, I have the process west stage to IC, ID1000, stock CAI with K&N filter(hole drilled into side of box) and the Venom Cat and I got 310rwkw.

It depends on the engine I think.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

It does depend on the tuner and how hard they want to push the gearbox, too... running ~20+ psi in the middle rev range (like you can with the small turbo, it does run out of puff in the higher rev ranges though) does put a bit of stress on it :)

300rwkw is nothing to sneeze at no matter hwo you look at it :) It'll be responsive, fast and fun with the stock FG small turbo.

• Member For: 10y 9m 23d

yeah all very valid comments. FG's exhaust is fine for the kw I'm pushing its just the cat that is restrictive, which I changed as mentioned. Not sure about that of the BA/BF though so can't comment.

I think if we ran the boost higher obviously could've pulled a bit more but I'd rather have a more reliable 306rwkw than a stressed out 320rwkw.

Next I'm looking at spark plugs and possibly an actuator, then I'll be able to run 17psi all the way through the rev range :) weeeeeeee!

• Like 1