Aftermarket Fuel Filters...what I Did!

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d

Ive too gone through that path where my whole fuel system was changed due to one bad batch. Thankfully it was all done by ford under warranty.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

One thing to note is that e85 gives the fuel system a good flush and dislodges a lot of nasties. Paul Yaw (injector Dynamics himself) has quoted that a 10 micron maximum should be used with their injectors. This is why I went from the 25 stainless to the 6 micron micro-fiberglass. I listen to experts and implement their advice....it's about time some people jumped on this train!

• Like 6

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d

One thing to note is that e85 gives the fuel system a good flush and dislodges a lot of nasties. Paul Yaw (injector Dynamics himself) has quoted that a 10 micron maximum should be used with their injectors. This is why I went from the 25 stainless to the 6 micron micro-fiberglass. I listen to experts and implement their advice....it's about time some people jumped on this train!

Good info. Think I should pass this onto my tuner. Thanks.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

The 6 micron micro-fibreglass you replace. Personally I would rather replace it than clean it anyway. Im on my third aftermarket filter due to laziness lol.

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 22d

Haha yeh I'd probably do the same just chuck a new one in. You could extend your service interals with the filter set up too right.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 6d

started upgrading my fuel lines to braided hose to get rid of stock filter as it was a bastard last time I went to change it and had to reuse old filter as it would not seal with 2 new filters I had here.. here are a few pics will be changing the fuel pumps to a single aeromotive A1000 pump and get rid of the 2 044's just waiting for that to get here from summit.. only progress pics atm will be finished in a week or 2. cheers

IMG_2875.jpg

got rid of the push on barbs and got some -6 fittings welded on also with have a bigger opening then the barbs too. now I dont have any hose left all braided hose.

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

here is a quick one of the zf lines as I have an aftermarket trans cooler now..

IMG_2880.jpg

Edited by CHLAXN
  • Like 2