My Stock G6 To Manual Turbo Build.

apolloxbgt

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 16d

Next up the G6 was pulled in over the hoist,and the real work began.

First thing done was the g6e leather went in (ebay score) so it didn't get damaged sitting around.

I didn't have the wiring for the memory recall electrics for the drivers seat,so the xr6 seat and the g6e seat were stripped down to bare frames and the g6e foam and leather were fitted to the xr6 seat frame.Nothings ever easy.

Then the motor and box were pulled from the g6,once it's all up and running with the turbo engine I'll ebay the n/a engine and the zf to recoup some of the cost of the turbo wreck (and the left over interior and diff and dash etc etc).Then the engine bay loom had to be changed,then in with the turbo motor and tremec.

It's now sitting with the motor and box bolted in the hole,day off today but monday it will be full attack to get everything bolted back onto the engine and in the bay.It still needs the pedal box changing,exhaust and diff underneath.Lots to be done.

IMG-20120629-00855.jpg

IMG-20120630-00880.jpg

IMG-20120629-00857.jpg

IMG-20120629-00856.jpg

IMG-20120630-00885.jpg

IMG-20120630-00884.jpg

• Member For: 13y 5m 7d

Hang on, someone taking on a huge project and actually doing it. Amazing. You dont fark around. Id cry if I had to do that..................cause Im sh*t.

Whats the blue and red mats hanging off the side of the front?

Really?

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 16d

It's moving along,almost everything is back in the bay and done underneath.

Only really the pedal box and rear half of the loom still need to be done tomorrow,it's booked into the local ford dealer for Wednesday to get the parameters reset so it will run,then Wednesday arvo my arse is booked into the drivers seat to rip some skids.

Whats the blue and red mats hanging off the side of the front?

I put those little blankets on so it wouldn't get too cold when I left it alone at night.

• Like 3