Lockyer Valley Cruise ~ Sun 17 June 2012

tab

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

LOCKYER VALLEY CRUISE

SUN 17 JUNE 2012

Meeting at Keperra/Ferny Grove at 10:00am, travel to Toowoomba via Mt Glorious, Lake Wivenhoe, Lake Atkinson, Lockyer Valley & Murphy's Creek.

Cruise distance will be about 200km and another 120km back to Brisbane/wherever you've come from.

WHAT TO BRING

• car
  • plenty of fuel
  • occupants (optional)
  • uhf radio <- must have (if you don't have one speak up and you may be able to borrow someone's spare - I have a couple available)
  • warm clothes

THE FINE PRINT

In order for every body to have a good time, a few rules have been implemented. Failure to abide by these rules will ensure you are not invited to future events held by FordXR6Turbo.com.

The reasons for these rules are:

• Safety - We don't want to put any of our members, and the general public in any danger.
  • Public Perception - We do not want the Ford XR6 Turbo community to face the same ridicule and stereotypes other car communities face.
  • The rules are simple:
  • Obey all laws whilst on the cruise; this means no speeding, no overtaking over double lines etc... Any breaches will be reported to the local police.
  • There is a designated cruise leader who will lead the way and set the correct pace for all cruise members.
  • Use the Buddy system; always make sure you can see the car behind you. This will give people behind you an indication on where to turn and to make sure nobody gets lost or left behind.
  • CB Radios; if you don't have one, follow the maps and directions given out. If you do have one, please limit chatter during the twisty parts of the cruise. This will allow the cruise leader to relay information about road conditions, upcoming obstacles, etc. efficiently.
  • By attending this cruise you agree not to hold FordXR6Turbo.com, its Administrators, Moderators, Cruise Organisers, or Owners responsible/liable for any damage and/or grief sustained (simply; if you stuff up it's your fault, not ours).
  • If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask before the cruise.

Apologies for the late notice...have been hesitant to start a thread until I know I can make it myself, and also waiting to see what the weather is doing. The forecast is for possible showers at the moment so fingers crossed it'll stay that way.

Open for suggestions on a lunch stop, maybe a counter meal at the Murphy Creek pub?

Post-up to advise of your attendance, meeting point and finer details will be provided via PM.

ATTENDEES

1. tab
  2. BigAl's04
  3. Maggotmouse
  4. Benjamin Smith (maybe)
  5. f6mark
  6. Gasman (maybe)
  7. riaan.krause@gmail.com
  8. neotim (maybe)

Edited by tab

• Special needs member.
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 22d

I'll be catching up with Maggotmouse at around 7:30 at West Burliegh Tavern and stopping in at Coomera BP bout 8:00 if anyone wants to cruise up with us from GC.

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 6m 17d

ill have to miss this one mate - should have one organised for july soon too

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

In Brisbane with the sister in law otherwise I'd be on the side of the road showing some leg and see who picks me up..

Oh wait.. This isn't Vic chat..

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Good stuff ladies.

Any preferences on lunch? Or just whatever. If it's just a few of us we can grab a pie or some chew n' spew in Toowoomba or on the Warrego on the way back?

Or raid SDP's fridge while he's out of town?