Transplanting Turbo F6 Engine To Ford Transit Build Thread

• Member For: 12y 5m 16d

yep I did consider that - briefly! But I think I will have enough problems to sort though with just a "normal" RWD conversion!........ :sungum:

I have found some pics of aWD and RWD trans, and even the case looks different! Had a reply from the guy who is going to tune the engine for me, and he says we can recode another trans, so sorted it seems!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I am still slowly working away on this conversion. I have recently bought a wrecked FPV F6, and am going to use the engine/trans out of this, instead of the TT engine. So continuing along the original theme of this thread, can anyone help me out with a copy of the wiring diagrams for an FPV FG please? (XR6 Turbo should be the same I think)

cheers Conrad

IM000005.jpg

IM000003.jpg

IM000015.jpg

• Like 1

BTW, this is the van it is going into. I have already had the TT engine in there, looks like I will have to fit the earlier rear sump to the FG engine, but other than that the mounting of the engine shouldn't present too many problems. I will run the FG front mount intercooler, rad and fans, and may possibly fit air con as well:)

160-6011_IMG.jpg

163-6352_IMG.jpg

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

Gee there is going to be some very surprised people when they pull up next to this at a set of lights. Please tell me its gona get modded and tuned. Top job.

There is a lot of work to do on the van, but I have most of the parts now. Loads of NOS panels, and I have already fitted a nine inch diff, big brakes etc. Externally it will appear stock, but will pack a hidden surprise :wwww: I probably won't tune the engine, at least to begin with. These vans were only 1460kgs with the original V4 engine, so lets say 1550kgs with the F6 engine, I think it will be a scary enough ride with "only" 310kw's!

Conrad