Fitting Fg Ic Piping

broke

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

The price is fair mate :spoton:

Its not a difficult job, but whats 3hrs of your time worth on a weekend?

But also its satisfying doing it yourself.

my gf's brother owns a pretty worked up RX7 so he said he'll lend a hand. totally different car but he does all the work on his car himself so he knows his way around an engine/turbo related stuff.

• Donating Members

Out of curiosity, what pipe kit is it?

xr6 turbo developments, I was about to buy the herrod kit for $570 but thought id have a quick look around and found the XR6TD kit for $345 on ebay free shipping. so I grabbed it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

post-48279-0-34954400-1340425518_thumb.j

new kit fitted! did it with my gf's bro in about 3hrs. saved myself $300 in the process. we were both kind of flying blind for a while there but once you figure it all out it really isn't that hard at all. cheers guys for recommending me do it myself. is much more satisfying also, I feel like I know my car so much better now. thanks again :)

• Like 1

• Donating Members

hm ok ive got an issue, I went for a drive and the driver side indicator in the headlamp no longer works. my gf's brother was doing that side of the car and he removed the headlight completely when getting out the old pipes. im hoping that he simply forgot to reconnect a plug of some sort, I didnt unplug anything on the passenger side I just undid all the bolts and pulled the light out enough to squeeze the old pipes out. now he's gone is there an easy way to get the headlight out without having to remove half the front end again?

PS we didnt disconnect the battery as I wasnt aware he was going to completely remove the headlight assembly. could this possibly be a fuse that's popped?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 3d

I need a forum member to show me the ropes to install in intercooler kit and battery relo...any in sydney :D

I just got quoted 1200 to put it all in with the battery relo and airbox...ffaarrrkkkkk

• Member For: 13y 8m 13d

battery relo and intake will take like 15-20minutes to do yourself. Installing the pipes shouldnt be to hard, I would line the pipes up beforehand though, so you know where everything should join up.