Mod Advice/help

andrich

• Member For: 15y 1m 15d

Hey guys,

As the title suggests the inevitable has happened.....its time for a retune....haha

After being happy with my current power and mods I have decided its time for more. Im after some advice and info.

I have been looking for a while and sussing out my options. What iv decided is a Rapid intercooler kit (notsure which one yet, I dont mind cutting so could go the bigger setup) hot and cold side and Valvesprings.

Now my other option is to do the turbo (port and flapper + actuator). My thing is that I'm not chasing huge power ijust want efficient and consistent power, hence the upgraded cooler.

My questions are:

-Can I do the actuator without doing the other turbo mods?

-Is it worth doing the turbo mods while I'm at it?

- I have the BTR 4 speed with a trans cooler, how do you think it will hold the power? its currently making 265rwkw and is holding it without issues. After speaking to the tuner he mentioned he has a number of 320-340rwkw cars with a stock BTR and they are holding up with some alterations to the shifting pressures etc.

Finally, what sort of power do you think it will make with the intercooler and valvesprings mods?

Current mods are- UB intake, F6 cooler, 3.5inch dump, cat and 2.5inch quad cat back, 60lb Dekas

ps sorry for the long post haha

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 22d

With regards to the btr 4 speed, I recommend doing the valvebody at that power figure, just shift pressures on its own isnt enough insurance.

With regards to the btr 4 speed, I recommend doing the valvebody at that power figure, just shift pressures on its own isnt enough insurance.

That was my thinking, I didnt think they were strong enough in standard form. Any idea what the valvebody change is worth?

I'd do the turbo mod if you are going to up the boost. Especially if you are already pulling the turbo off.

Yeh that was my reasoning for it to, Im not chasing big power so that's the thing that's weighing against it. Will the car function fine with just the actuator done? e.g no boost spiking or anything

cheers guys

Oh did ya. What mods was that with?

I'm thinking I might just do cooler and valvesprings and tune it to around 300. That way the gearbox can survive abit better and the performance will be better and more consistent (with the new cooler).

I can pull the turbo off myself and for the actuator if people think that it will help with controlling the boost

orite yeh that's basically what I have currently, except F6 cooler and not Monza. Mine was only boosting to 12psi so made less power. I figured with a new cooler and possible actuator (and valvesprings because its a BA) I should make 300

cheers