Premium Sound Icc Screen Issues

XF Falcon

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

I would say that there is an issue with the earth or power source. It wouldn't be an lcd issue as you are still having sound problems. I would suggest that you try a standard icc or a premium sound unit from another vehicle and see if it does the same- if it doesn't you know it is an issue with your icc- if it does then you have a wiring problem to the unit.

I'm starting to lean towards an earth or power source issue too now. I've checked every circuit board in the ICC (pulled the entire ICC apart) and the solder joints look fine and none of the components look damaged.

I would try another ICC from another vehicle, but I believe the car has to be reprogrammed by Ford before the car will start and that's a very big inconvenience (and I need the car to start in order to test the issue). I do agree however that is the best way to eliminate the ICC unit as an issue like you said :(

• 1 year later...
  • <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

Ok over a year later... and I've solved the issue.

I totally disconnected the XBOX from the system, removed all the wiring, everything. I unplugged all the audio inputs into the standard hands free loom under the dash and all, and the problem still persisted.

I should have done the next thing right at the start, but anyway, what I did was figure out which of the wires in the xbox video plug (which plugs into the satnav video input under the ICC) was an earth wire, and try run a new wire to that.

Anyway I figured out which one it was, got a length of wire and touched the cars body at one end and the other end on the ground pin on the satnav video plug, and instantly everything worked perfectly! I can't believe it after over a year of cursing and hating to drive the car I just fixed it with one damn wire. Soon as I took the wire away the aircon/fan and radio went crazy again, instantly!

So yup everyone (including me) who had a hunch it was an earthing issue was correct!

So now I've got a normal working ICC, and no xbox installed, which doesn't bother me that much as it definitely served its purpose and was great fun while it lasted.

Thanks for all the help in diagnosing the issue guys.

• 5 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 5m 22d

Just want to say thanks …. Had issues with D/Z ICC , "04 XR8 mk2 /Factory Ghia upgrade" the LCD was blinking on n off, which was then making the fan for ac ,unable to use, CD player wouldn't work, got to the point where ive been pricing an update ICC , Then after reading ya thoughts on here, I ran an earth from battery to the earth point on the ICC, "right hand bottom 8 mm bolt that fixes the the unit to the dash. Works like a new one. Put a multi meter on it and the earth was a bit over half a volt out, Configured a new earth to that 8 mm bolt and all is well.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1