Etc (Electronic Throttle Control) Problems Any Ideas?

NobleXR6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

Hi

Couple of weeks ago while stopping a set of light my ute 09 XR6T start to stall then on the dash up came ETC once I stopped. When I tried to move to the side of the road I couldn't. Ute had lost all power. Turned it off and back on and it was fine for around 20k's when I had to stop at another set of lights. Did the same thing turn off then back on and have not had an issue since until today. Twice the ETC light cam up in around 2k's. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so set me in the right direction. Ute is getting tuned next week so hoping to fix this prior. Cheers

• Member For: 12y 1m 6d

ive had very similar problems, we replaced the coils , plugs , fuel filter and I had it retuned cause we crnacked up the boost and it was perfect, for a few days :Z then all of a sudden while driving the car started running ruff as guts! no power and shaking etc, I turned it off and tunrned it on and it sat there running horid but if u turned it on with your foot on the gas it ran ok but then u take your foot off and it goes to idle but cant and starts choking and ruff again ! I cleaned the throtle body and diconected the bat for 10min and it has been fine but has done what u mentioned again since , I am changing the tps in hope that's the problem , and the current one on mine is the rounded shape but im replacing it any way :beta:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

Cheers Mate. I have just tried turning the key on but not starting the engine then pushing the foot down full and let if off the turn key off. I have not had the problem since but still have a idle issue some time. The ute is going in for a tune soon so I hope they may fine the problem.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 19d

THrottle position sensor, Throttle Pedal Position Sensor, Throttle Body electronic motor drive or a Battery on its way out..

Those are the places I'd be starting..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 2d

I had a throtle system problem that went on for few months. It would intermittently limit RPM then shut down the engine. Mine was resolved by disconnecting the TB/TPS, spraying it with some WD40 and reconnecting. The problem hasn't come back for a couple of months now. I don't know if it was just a co-incidence but it hasn't come back since.