Heat Shield Painting

peeeches

• Member For: 13y 8m 8d

You may understand that I was also pointing out that there is frig all difference? The colour of a paint has feck all affect on heat distribution and release. Thickness and chemical composition would be the main factors..

oil is shiny to assist with heat retention? then explain why after said garlic bread is cooked.. You can open the oven, grab the shiny end of foil that is poking out and get it out of the oven without using a mitten.. If it's so shiny and hot?

Edit: If oven had turbo, cooking time would be greatly reduced.. Could cook a garlic bread in 7 minutes.. 4.3 minutes if it had E85..

EDIT II: I forgot about E85 burning cooler.. So cooking time would be increased with E85.. And you'd need 30% more fuel supply to your oven.. Turns out E85 isn't a good investment in the cooking industry..

Why is your garlic bread cool enough to pick up. This is because the shiny/reflective surface is for one sticking out the oven. But also it has a greater ability to reflect radiant heat waves. Now if it was black the foil would be hotter because it is releasing (internal) heat faster (up to 8%).

Now you state that there is frig all difference. Let me put the difference in context. Would you be happy with an 8% payrise, would it make a noticable difference?

Cheers

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

In this application though I don't think there would be anywhere near 8%.

It would be more like 0.5%.

So in context if I punched someone in the face with 0.5% less force do you think they would notice?

• Like 4

• Special needs member.
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 22d

Geez I don't think Peeeches will make the mistake of posting on this forum again.

Look at what he's started :bringiton:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Lol dre, gold.

Best part is the op wasn't asking about any of this, they've already done it and just wanted to know what people thought of it. I think it looks good.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

With DIllz it looks mint..

But impellor you're theory is sound if the heat was coming from a light based heat source.. If you were using heat lamps on a black surface it'd be a whole different ball game compared to a shiny surface or white surface.

In this application you're not considering underbonnet airflow..

If there was an 8% rise in underbonnet temps I'd be very freakin surprised..

And no I don't settle for 8% payrises.. I just got nearly 20%..