Heat Shield Painting

peeeches

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 28d

I had the smaller sheild off for a while because I couldnt get it back on and if I put my hand above the gap where the bonnet and guard meet itll be sh*tload of heat coming out

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 28d

Lol I'm with paulie I've had my heat shield off for 2 years now and been all sweet it looked turd anyways also I can get to my manifold bolts easier now but if your gonna paint it use VHT flame proof paint or the high temp stuff it works well

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 3d

I took mine off when I changed my turbo/dump studs and left it off to see if they were holding well. Haven't been bothered to put it back on and after driving around without it for the last few months probably never will.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d
Probably best to do some research on thermal dynamics. Cheers

So I'm going to research thermal dynamics, to decide weather or not to paint my heat shield?

You must be one boring *beep* lol...

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

Fark me, for the sake of a few kws who really gives a fark what color people paint it! The OP asked what we thought, not what the color you use how does it effect performance! I Impellor just answer the questions he asked not give us a lecture. Oh yeah forgot to add, Farking cheers big ears!

Edited by PAZZOnegger
  • Like 2

• Member For: 13y 9m 5d

Fark me, for the sake of a few kws who really gives a fark what color people paint it! The OP asked what we thought, not what the color you use how does it effect performance! I Impellor just answer the questions he asked not give us a lecture. Oh yeah forgot to add, Farking cheers big ears!

Pazzo, go back to your " Weight training for beginners", this is way over your head. Cheers