Heat Shield Painting

peeeches

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

sooooooo....... are you black or not impellor?

my brother is blind (really is). his world is black, but most girls dont think he is hot. WTF?

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 30d

Clearly some of you are not understanding how this all works.

Now if you have an air con condensor you would want a reflective surface, as the internal gas is cooler than the external environment. The reason for this is that you want to reflect radiant heat waves thus to keep the refridgerant cool. For example the intercooler and piping should be reflective, but only if the air travelling within it is cooler than the external air. .

For the guys that just want to come on here and carry on like pork chops, just remember that to many you are revealing your true interlect (food for thought). Also emotional maturity is an important social skill, that when harnessed will change your experiences in life for the better.

To the OP painting your heat shield black is fine. For me however, I prefer function over form. That is go before show.

Now lets see how many more worthless posts follow. Cheers

So I should have a shiny intercooler if I wish to heat the air if it's colder than the wind chilled air rushing through it? Awesome, thanks man

PS. how does it feel to use a big word like intellect and spell it wrong (food for thought)

• Like 5

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d

What you just said is one of the most insanly idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be concidered a rational thought...everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul...

large.jpg

• Like 2

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Watched it the other night, still a pissa.

And yeah sums it up perfectly lol

• Member For: 12y 6m 22d

hey guys I only painted the top side using vht flame proof

Had a hot black coffee which was waaaaaaaay to hot, thought what if I try milk........low and behold was enough to bring the heat down to drink really quick.

It's so obvious!

The under side is still shiny and reflecting the heat as it was intended by ford, but then, any heat that is absorbed by the heat sheild will be disipated quicker due to the witch craft like properties of the black up top.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

The paint actually increases heat dispersion.

This is reading it off the can as I bought one to paint intake and cooler piping, which in theory should work well... Marginally.