Strengthening Rear End Fg Ute

neotim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

I had a 20mm rear sway bar added in the rear and this pretty much stopped all axle tramp, that's with reset leafs too not new lowered leafs

Where did you get the sway bar from? I get major axle tramp even before I started modding mine, My center bearing went after 5000ks on a brand new f6 manual ute and ford didnt want a thing to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 6d

Hi mate got the sway bar from pedders who installed it..its a whiteline item, there is no FG listing so it was a BA/BF rear sway..little bit of modding the exhaust hangers to fit but worth it.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 12d

Yeah my stock turbo ute does it from new also,its done less than 1000km and when you accelerate in first gear it gets axle tramp,also in the wet when it loses traction.Id be interested to find out a warranty safe fix that will stop the tramp.I dont thrash it by any means being new but id like to be able to accelerate without the tyres bouncing through the wellbody and enjoy the 270 kw ford gave my ute.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 9d

Pat has given me some ideas of what we can do to resolve the tramp. Not a fan of the Caltracks purely because it may make the ride pretty harsh in the car. Going an alternate option with new shocks/saddles/bushes. If I can book in with Pat shortly I should have a firmer idea of what will and wont fix this issue. Hoping this solution fixes it. Will post back once I know where its at.

Have recently gone with superpro bushes in the saddles, rear shackles and front eyes and can say that it did not do much for the tramp. Still does it just as bad as before. Considering doing what 4.0T did and going with whiteline sway bars in the rear as not many utes have these but from his experience it seemed to cure all the tramp that his ute had. Will also eventually do the shocks, but have heard that this won't make much difference to the tramp issue. If all else fails I will resort to the Mal Wood Tramp Kit

• Member For: 14y 10m 30d

shocks can make a massive difference to tramp. it can be a bit hit and miss though trying to find the right setup. one thing's for sure, tramp rods/caltracks will stop it completely. I made mine fairly cheaply and can launch it, full noise on concrete with out one bit of tramp. Mcdonalds brothers also do a set $650.

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 5m 18d

well I have the herrod spring and what ever they are they work I have never had tramp apart from ones at the drags and neotim u need to delete sum pm as I tryed to pm u about your spacer and gaurd rolling -_-

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 2m 9d

well I have the herrod spring and what ever they are they work I have never had tramp apart from ones at the drags and neotim u need to delete sum pm as I tryed to pm u about your spacer and gaurd rolling -_-

Try now Wilba!

• 2 years later...