PXA-H800 Alpine Sound Processor + RUX-C800 Controller

PAD 5000.5 Polk Audio 5 Channel D Class Amp

DB 6501 & DB 651 Polk Audio Speakers

MM840DVC Polk Audio 8" Sub

Stinger 9ft Pro3 2CH RCA

TDJ Audio Level Converter

Stinger Gold SE 60Amp Fuse & Fuse Holder

Using Factory Head Unit

The sound quality (ignoring the issues) is a huge improvement over Factory Premium sound

My issues are:

Constant hiss (Volume does not vary) sounds like the recordings from tape in the quiet periods. (for those who may remember)

This is always there sound down to zero included, put it into reverse (No audio) hiss still there.

Next is the reverse sensors have been amplified, deafening if volume of stereo is left up.

When the phone rings it no longer sounds through the speakers but the number displays on the screen.

I have searched through a lot of other posts and found a few similar regarding the hiss, but according to my receipt it has a LLC fitted.

Does anyone have any solutions, thoughts or advice to rectify?

What may they have done but should or shouldn't have done?

Thanks

Any help is very much appreciated

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 3d

Sadly the hiss stays. It's not an introduced noise, it's just a poorly made head unit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

I've just had a similar setup installed, but using an LC-6 and alpine type R speakers, pdx-f4 amp etc, and the hiss is damn annoying. I'm thinking of buying a head unit. But, I've spent more than I wanted to already, might just remove the amp and LC-6 and just use the speakers on the ICC.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 25d

Hey I also have the noise but there is a soloution, can't rememberthe exact name but it's 100 bucks direct from alpine and is called a Line level converter I think. Getting one shipped in via my alberts mate :) does the job apparently. Should work for smaller systems pretty well!! Considering I have quite a decent system and it will work :)

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 3d

I found in my car the noise of the system was only amplified through everything else. When I turned it up sadly the noise just got worse.- It was not helped by me playing the music via my ipod. - whenever I did that I had the hiss from the head unit and the whine from the ipod charger.

Noisy or not though anything is an improvement over the standard system

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 25d

I guess the type of music would also affect how it drowns out the hiss, I listen to bands like parkway drive the hiss disapears pretty quick after turning up the volume:P, I cant hear it at all after the volume is at 15 and I play my music at 26-28 and I play all my music via a ipod touch plugged into the jack in the centre console

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 20d

the hiss is being picked up post ICC, try disscnnectings the rcas from the PXA to the amps and see if that stops , then from the LLC to the PXA , then the speaker inputs to the LLC to isolate the point of inducement of the hiss.

the PXA-H800 if tuned correctly , shold help with the hiss, y do they have LLC's fitted with the PXA , it seems strange to do it that way?

it seems to have been installed a bit strangly , im not sure if the Revese system is pre or post ICC , will look at my mates FG and investigate that.