Fg Fpv Mk2 Diff Bushes

FG_G6E

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 23d

Using the original procedure u need to remove the diff to press the bush in with the old tools, using the diff cover to screw the bush in or hitting it in is the wrong way to do it and can pull the thread on the diff hat out and hitting it can distort te cradle and cause cracking like many of you have seen

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

using the diff cover to screw the bush in or hitting it in is the wrong way to do it and can pull the thread on the diff hat out and hitting it can distort te cradle and cause cracking like many of you have seen

I don't do either mate. I have a "H" bar puller that I use to install the bush and a pressing plate that I use to pull the old bush out.

good to see fords Tooling Dept have caught up with us mere mortals :P

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Dude! no need to quote the post directly above yours!

Just whack you reply into the Add reply box at the botttom on the page and hit post!

Also, Ford build great cars, once the in field aftermarket R&D dept's iron out all the bugs :P

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 5m 22d
I don't do either mate. I have a "H" bar puller that I use to install the bush and a pressing plate that I use to pull the old bush out. good to see fords Tooling Dept have caught up with us mere mortals :P

Without wanting to sound like a tool myself, would you mind posting a pic of the puller ?

Is it a tool you bought or made ?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 28d

This is the first time fpv have different diff bushes from non fpv vehicles. According to microcat all fpv from 01/10/2010 have these diff bushes

If thi iss the case I only got 17000 out of mine then riped a new one in under 2000ks my car is a feb 2011 build F6

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 22d

What was the previous cost of replacing the bush? Mine is clunking increasingly but doesn't show cracking yet, I am hoping it will be cracked in the next 6,000kms before its next service.

I'm going to be close to the end of my factory warranty at the next service so I would rather have it repaired at the end of the warranty period.

I'm just wondering on the previous cost as I am sure I will be doing it again the next time it fails.