Fg Fpv Mk2 Diff Bushes

FG_G6E

• Member For: 12y 10m 16d

Ford have finally brought out a new diff bush for the late MK1 and all MK2 FPV Falcons. I had these fitted today to my G6E after having a awful clunk in my rear end with the standard bushes replaced 8 months ago . The problem has finally gone and is a much smoother car to drive. Only issue is cars under warranty cant use these diff bushes. Cost is around $64 + GST

IMG_0218.jpg

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

Also as of today ford has released new procedures and shipped out a new special tool for replacing these, should see the new stuff next week, this should reduce retail labour cost for those wanting a dealer to fit them, only taken 9 years and 4 bush evolutions lol

The new procedure for falcon sedans basically is

Remove irs

Using special tools remove old bush and fit new bush (with diff in place)

Refit irs

The new tools look great theres a horseshoe shaped plate that goes at the rear of the bush and slides over thr diff hat protrusion, 2 studs then screw into it from the front and another plate goes over them, then a cylinder goes over te front and a bolt screws in through the cylinder to remove the bush similar to install.... Kinda hard to explain but works very well and doesnt rely on straining the alloy diff hat in the process

• Member For: 12y 9m 25d

I'll be interested to see the new procedure and tool, and just how they can do it without removal of the cradle(or hole thru the spare wheel well)

You would think the dealer will use the new procedure as Ford will more than likely reduce the warranty reimbursement for labour now it can be done much quicker.

wow that's awesome news but I wonder what the chances ford out in the sticks where I am get this tool

Their wording today was "we are currently shipping out tools to dealers" being a locally delivered product and an essential special tool, I would think all dealers will get them :) whether they use them or not I dont know, I have seen people half drop the cradle and pry the bush out then hit the new one in which is terrible practice

I'll be interested to see the new procedure and tool, and just how they can do it without removal of the cradle(or hole thru the spare wheel well)

You would think the dealer will use the new procedure as Ford will more than likely reduce the warranty reimbursement for labour now it can be done much quicker.

Cradle still has to be removed on falcons but diff stays on cradle, doing it the dodgy way is much quicker (45min or so) but its something I dont agree with and refuse to do or let others do if I have anything to do with it