Heaps Of Mods,but No Power, Why An Plz Help?

WhiteXR

• Member For: 13y 6m 12d

Hi everyone, im hoping that there is someone here that cann help me out an make me understand why in hell my car cant make power.

First of all my car is a 03ba xr6 turbo an heres the list of my mods

.plasmaman 1100hp intercooler with 3inch cold side an two an a half hotside.

.plasmaman 4inch intake

.attomic valve springs

.siemens decka 80 injectors

.brand new garrett gt3582r turbo .07 cover (which I think that is faulty since it makes a weird noise on spool up an it blows white smoke out the exhaust)

turbosmart 48mm external wastgate (fitted in the middle of the original ford log manifold)

4inch dump pipe no cat to 3 an a half inch exhaust, one high flow muffler only

built 4 speed auto with 2800 stallie

So theres the list of my mods to my car, an the power it makes is 295rwkw on 19 psi of boost, I know that it isnt right,with those mods I should have got into the 330 or 340 mark with ease, well previously before the mods I was making 327rwkw.

So there u go guys what do u think is my problem of not making some good power, im stressing because iv just spend 6000 dollars on the turbo an wastegate an labour an all that sort of staff, an now im gonna spend another 1400 on a etm extractor high mount manifold,im just spending an spending an all im getting is lost power, so sad.

So I hope someone here can help me out an send me to the right direction, it would be much apreciated.

cheers

john

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 29d

19psi + BA bottom end = bang

white smoke out the exhaust is not good.

try a compression test on the motor too

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 16d

white smoke doesnt sound good but mine did blow a little smoke due to new turbo and exhaust but that was only for the first few heat cycles. I would do a compression test and check engine oil and coolant make sure they havent mixed and then maybe some data logging to see if your turbo is actually making 19psi and when its making it because it shouldnt be making funny noises if its brand new?

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 27d

I had a similar issue like this my car heaps of mods heaps of boost but no kw lol apparently my computer was pulling timing out at higher rpm so wasn't making anything more than 280rwkw so we changed the computer and bOom first run 322rwkw

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

Ever thought about a fuel pump?

Also, if it's on the dyno and the tuner can't tell you why you cant make power find a new tuner.

You listed faulty parts and then asked why something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

So much in that first post just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Ever thought about a fuel pump?

Also, if it's on the dyno and the tuner can't tell you why you cant make power find a new tuner.

You listed faulty parts and then asked why something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

So much in that first post just doesn't make sense.

Hi mate, sorry forgot to mention that it had a plazaman surge tank with 044 pump.

I had a similar issue like this my car heaps of mods heaps of boost but no kw lol apparently my computer was pulling timing out at higher rpm so wasn't making anything more than 280rwkw so we changed the computer and bOom first run 322rwkw

Hi mate, its doing exactly what you say, pulling out timing at top, he thinks its due to my intercooler, it starts at 27 celius an at the end of the run it finishes at 47 celius.

I do keep telling him could it be the computer an he always says no.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

Fix the turbo. If you keep running it with the faulty turbo you are risking even more damage or even complete failure. Leave the manifold for now and get the turbo rebuilt.

Throwing more expensive parts at it wont fix it. If the tuner just keeps taking your cash then he sure is taking you for a nice ride.