Fg Diff Cradle....I Think We Have An Issue Here

xeghia82

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Would luv to know if this rear cradle shoite is caused by stiff suspension, or a hell of a lot of rear wheel tramp ???

Seriously though this could have bad consequences if it is a fatigue problem, that can happenon any car.

Mass claim on Ford for new cradles if it s I reckon

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 7d

Farout Jake I was expecting you to have the hard bush in there.. that's scary stuff. Good pick up though.

Its easy to see why that is a weak point.

That doesnt look too hard to fix, but you might wanna rip that bush out before you weld your plate in.

If it were me I would probably look at welding some 6mm mild steel plate horizontally cut to shape with a bend in it to follow the general shape, then weld another piece 90degrees to the piece you just welded in to fill up that gap on the left, that would surely fix your cracking problem.

Only I would be then looking for the next weakest link and bracing that up while your there.

Im no fitter but yeh it would be nice to see some pics of how other ppl have fixed this problem before it occurs.. might tackle mine in the next days off as I have the rediculously hard nolathane bush.

Good luck with it Jake be sure to post pics of your result.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m 4d

This is what I found this morning when I was adjusting my handbrake, as you can imagine not very happy as ive had this car since new and its been welded before without my knowledge or consent, Car has only ever been serviced with ford and is stock.

post-16077-0-50724200-1341802450_thumb.j

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Wow that's horrible cushi, I'd definitely go to where you had it serviced and start asking questions. Demand a replacement too

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 20d

Ok guys. A bit of an update from when I first started this thread. Glad im not the only one with these issues and it seems like its starting to become quite common. I have since put in a replacement diff cradle. While it was out of the car, I went to town on it with the welder and plated it aswell. I also opted for the full super pro comfort series bushes for the rear end and couldn't be happier with them. If this brakes, im going to sell the car. haha Here are a few pics of the old cradle and the new one aswell.

Enjoy.

d01e6268.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

Edited by xeghia82
  • Like 2