Anyone Installed A Hydraulic Handbrake

Evil XR6T

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Maybe he plans to track it?

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I would head out ot a meet. Look and listen to what is being used and how. Could save a bit of grief getting it form the ones who do it

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

You could put a couple of line lockers on the front brakes rigged up to a momentary switch. So when you want to slide the back out you hit the switch and use the foot pedal brake.

Maybe doable with an auto, I guess a bit of foot dancing with a stick shift.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

You could put a couple of line lockers on the front brakes rigged up to a momentary switch. So when you want to slide the back out you hit the switch and use the foot pedal brake.

Maybe doable with an auto, I guess a bit of foot dancing with a stick shift.

That's what I was saying earlier lol the button would need to be rigged up on the stick in a hold to lock set up so if it turns to sh*t you can let it go and you get all brakes back.

Also you will probably blow diff/tranny/engine if you lock up rears in auto. Esp if revs are high.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

I think this is possible, I had a hydro setup in my 200, and it had 400rwkw.... it was attached to the firewall, and came out on the left of the steering wheel. Could come in to corners at 150 and rip it in.... I drift my fg f6 ute at the drifts here in syd and am still using the stock handbrake until it gives... bottom line you cant connect drifts without a handbrake :locomotive:

Edited by fpv_ute

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m 6d

There is 2 ways to set up a hydraulic handbrake

1 - T into the brake line going to the rear calipers, this will dramaticly effect your foot brake and not recommended, if anything goes wrong with it you will lose all brakes.

2 - The proper way to do it is too set up a seperate caliper on the rear just for the handbrake, runs on its own hydraulic system