The Plastidip Thread.

LUCASZ

• PC LOAD LETTER
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 11d

I was thinking about doing the ECU when I saw yours but does yours have a cover on it already ? It looks smoother.

Just also noticed you have the manifold heat shield painted black, very sleek !

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I am pretty sure that Mick put an ECU cover on his.

I orderer the same ECU cover from George at venom exhausts.

I just got to figure out what size bolts the ECU top housing uses before hacking into it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 14d

Looks great mate! Did you remove the fog surrounds to do it?

Hey mate, no I didn't remove at all. There's a clear separation there between the fog surround and the front bumper and wherever there's a clear gap no matter how small you can basically just spray away as the plastidip won't "seal" that gap, so when it dries you can just peel whatever got onto the bumper off and it'll tear itself a clean line around the surrounds. I did tape up a little to help stop over spray (which plastidip does do a bit of) but over all I just sprayed it all over the glass and everything and once it's dry just pick out a hole and peel it off and because the glass and the surround don't actually touch (on my car at least) it tore a perfect line around. If you wanted to do a proper full time plastidip on them you'd probably remove them but I wasn't sure I was going to like it so I did it a bit ghetto. But it's holding up just fine. I bought 3 cans thinking thinking I'd need heaps and I did all of what you see on my car with one can and that's multiple coats. I just sprayed, wait 10mins spray again and so forth until it looked like a nice coverage. I did the XR6 badges on the back doors too, but it didn't stick to the shiny logos that well and I ended up just completely debadging the car anyway.

EDIT: dipyourcar.com and their page on facebook are a great source of knowledge, they post videos and will answer questions about anything you want to know about plastidip. I live in Townsville and "when" the paint eventually goes crap from being in the sun I'll likely dip the whole car.

Edited by broke