My Fpv F6

• Member For: 12y 28d

After some battles with the dealership on a 09 F6 I had a deposit down on, we eventually worked out an awesome deal on a brand new 2011 plate F6 - paid $4k more for a brand new one as opposed to a used one with 24000km.

So here it is, Winter White, Leather, Reverse Camera - still to be fitted at 3000km inspection. Spent about 5 hours on the weekend giving it a decent paint protection coating - all the paintwork feels like glass now :)

Enough with the words, here are some pics - PS, the wheels are for sale - only done about 310km so far.

Awaiting Delivery:

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

First Wash:

IMG_0346.jpg

After 5 Hours of Elbow Grease:

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Fitted a GT-E Airbox and bought a K&N Filter

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

• Like 2

Apparently I have to run the engine in for 1600km first, but there are a few mods planned - 3.5" CES Dump Pipe, 4.5" 100 cell Race Cat, Injectors - haven't decided on a size yet, might have to do some more research before deciding, and piping - either herrod or Plazmaman and tune

It's supposed to be going for a shoot on Sunday next to a mates 700rwhp GT-E (5.4 Boss with a Vortech V3 T-Trim and heaps of other mods) I'll throw some photo's up here maybe later today, picking it up this afternoon from the dyno run this morning.

• Like 1

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 4d

Yep, wouldn't want to go and detroy a new car straight off the bat. Are you going to mod and tune before the factory waranty runs out?

Should make 350rwkw prtty easily with those mods I think.

Would love to see your mates car. He didn't buy it off carsales built like that in the last 6 months did he?

Nah, he bought it about 3 months ago from a Byrne Ford in Kedron, stock standard. Took it to Elite Automotive who did X-Force Exhaust, Headers, BPR Intake and Tune, made 306.6kw at the rears. Since then it's been at JW Racing who is doing my F6 aswell, and he's just dropped about $16k getting it supercharged. It's a bit of a freak to be honest.

As for mine, yeah I'll probably end up tuning and modding before the warranty runs out - which is 2014. I'd be pretty happy with 350+kw and a good torque number.

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 4d

Oh fair enough. Sounds like it'd be a bloody handful on the street. Can't imagine how it sounds.

I've only got 300 and that does me for a street car. All the blokes that have 350+ must have fun trying to keep the thing in a straight line. Good tyres are the key.

Keep everyone posted of how you go with the mods mate, should be an animal by the time your done.