Tba: Private Drag Meet Calder/heathcote "king Off The Street"

tonyv

• EPC Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 21d

came up with the idea of organising a private drag meet which is a pure street setup, street tyred race event. Basically keeps the high powered street racers and smack talkers off the street and onto the strip to see what their car is made of!

Titled: "King off the street." There will be classes of cars to race against. best et, best mph or DYO format. no na v6 allowed. Only v8, forced 6, forced 8, forced rotary.

All makes of cars welcome if they fit the criteria.

I have emailed calder park and heathcote raceway and am waiting to find out prices and all other relevant information.

Iif the forum is willing to sponsor the event with prizes that would be an added bonus.

Please put your name, make and model down of your car if you are interested. If approved and we get the go ahead I will post event dates. It will probably be in june/july.

Thanks Guys

Tony

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

no semi's are street legal, and I'm with Stainless, There's no point having a drag day if people cant use any tyre of choice. the bigger HP cars will not get traction.

Also, having it very close to the AFF drag day is not the best idea.. My suggestion would be you attend their meet and see whats going on..

Entry money by participants should be used to cover track hire, and trophies/prize money.. from what I understand, non competitors pay the track for entry, so you cant collect money for non competitors..

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 3d

No traction on the track = no traction on the street. Sorry mate but whats the point, might as well just take stripped out vl with semis, 2spd and a cage and win.

or

just go to calder on a friday night.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

The point being its all of us, one community hiring out a track, and having fun.. Having a drag day based on street racing is gay in my opinion. You might as well just go hit the hwy and "jog" people there.

I would love to see a full blown xr6/f6 based drag day, much like how AFF does their drag days. Turbo after Turbo after Turbo drag racing.. horn!

And yes. a powerskid exhibition would be awesome! :D, I'd be up for that! Stainless has seen mine what mines capable of ;)

Stainless, wanna start another thread? Stainless and Headsex's XR6/F6 Nats? LOL!

• Like 3