Time To Chase That Ute Record

MYWPN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 23d

I'd dare say if it's a stock Chev V8 case and not a Billet case like a Reid, Deadenbear etc etc, you will have problem's at around the 600-650rwkw range...

I was going to get a Neil's Transmission but decided against it, cos if you have problem's with it you have to ship it to the other side of the planet to get repair's done and the wait would just be ridiculous and costly...

ProTran's got nod for me, I chose a Pro Outlaw Severe Duty Glide and TCE is down here in Melbourne, so if I need it adjusted I'll take it there personally and get Dwayne to sort it out...

His reputation is second to none. And when he claims a power they hold it. This is a bit different to the one you buy off the website. It's all custom to suit the application. They are well aware of the power I want to produce. The down time was less then most trans builders in Australia

• Donating Members

His reputation is second to none. And when he claims a power they hold it. This is a bit different to the one you buy off the website. It's all custom to suit the application. They are well aware of the power I want to produce. The down time was less then most trans builders in Australia

I guess time will tell lol.

Al's race glides are an authorized repairer and rob is the authorized seller of these products. Rob is a great bloke to deal with too. Very impressed with his service

Back then I didn't want the aftermarket case because you also need a different bell housing. And u would be mad not to get a billet bell housing if you were going that far. In hind site I would have got the aftermarket case. But speaking with to rob and him consulting Neil they come to the conclusion with some tweaks it would be fine for the Job

Edited by MYWPN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Well there has been a bit of a halt in production of late. Few little mishaps took the fun out of it a little. Starting to get a bit back on track ATM. Destroked engine is now under way with billet crank being ordered and head with the lot is almost complete. Will try getting it down to tuners in the next coupe I weeks to add a Exhaust, possible tailshaft and a few odds and ends that I'm just lacking the motivation or time to complete. New engine will go in once the car is tuned with previous motor an will run it a few times with that setup to iron out any bugs and niggles that you get with the big jobs. I will put the cage and chute in once the new engine goes in.

Also changed the 1.01 exhaust housing to the biggest I can get with that turbo a 1.44. So the power should definetly be there now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

The car is finally down at Dynomite performance. With the no notice I don't expect that it gets worked on straight away. But it's getting closer to finally getting on the dyno. The head is complete and ready to rev to that double digit number :-). Dion wants to limit it to 9k being a customer car But that's not me. I've never been one to

Stay on the conservative side.

post-6886-134614723148_thumb.jpgpost-6886-134614735512_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• Donating Members

I will take it to the strip to see how the setup

Is and just to make sure everything is going

To plan. I think it's a couple of months from being at peak with everything fitted. It's basically just waiting

For people to complete the things I'm waiting for. Converter will prob need to be sent away and redone with new engine as well

Time will tell

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Well things have been slow and steady but couple of small touches and the car is ready to hit the dyno with the 4 ltr for now. Will be switching to methanol once the de stroker goes in. Think with numbers I want I have no choice and alot cheaper to run. Still waiting on chute and cage. Slow industry this one. Lol.

• Like 2