Btr 4Spd Failing Going Into 3Rd Taking It To 6Th Rebuild

KeddyXR6T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 22d

Jimmy Walton autos are Very good heaps of cars with big power go there he has been building em for like 40 years but they ain't cheap but you get what you pay for

Yes I am very aware of there rep I did my apprenticeship just round the corner from there but as I said this was around 2.5 years back as I didnt have a license for 18months and I had taken it to northern differentials

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Bayswater autos also said that in a few months he would have a box with improved shafts and planatries is this what your waiting for xr6t_ute

I have heard his working on it, *Beep* will be the guinea pig for that I think, but il go to him cause his someone I trust with a 4 speed and well priced, and I also know what's in the box.

• Like 1

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 4m 13d

and futher more I skate second far more then third but going from second to third seems to be where the fail is if it was the torque from the boost I imagine it would happend from 1st to 2nd and it would go into limp mode neither which happen

The bloke who rebuilt my box said that the clutch packs are to far apart and towards the rear of the box and that's why the torque kills them .

post-10102-127752475181_thumb.jpg

These are the clutch packs from mine. the brown ones are first and second and are still like new, the other set is third and fourth and are warped and blue in colour

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 1d

Sounds like you're doing the right thing Keddy :spoton:

After reading and watching the video about Yarra Valley, I'd go with either them or Preston as I've not heard 1 bad thing about them.

Keep us posted on what the places say that you go to and who you end up deciding on! Good luck :)

Lol those bottom packs have definitely seen better days phantom haha

Edited by Shyfrd
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Yarra valley boxes have failed also , although mine hadn't, dion from dynamite didn't get one pass in before it failed, as well as a guy from avo, lasted a couple of weeks, so mine and 2 others I know of are still holding together.

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 4m 13d

Sounds like you're doing the right thing Keddy :spoton:

After reading and watching the video about Yarra Valley, I'd go with either them or Preston as I've not heard 1 bad thing about them.

Keep us posted on what the places say that you go to and who you end up deciding on! Good luck :)

Lol those bottom packs have definitely seen better days phantom haha

Yep no friction material left on any of them. :asciidity:

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

These are the clutch packs from mine. the brown ones are first and second and are still like new, the other set is third and fourth and are warped and blue in colour

The top clutches look like they have never been fitted into a box

• Like 1